Nobody can be healthy for me. It's up to me to take care of myself. If I want to lose weight, I have to do it. If I want to look better, I have to make it happen. I don't want to be a fat Mom. I don't want my daughter to grow up with a fat Mom. I don't want my daughter to hear me say things like, "I look fat" or "I have nothing to wear because I'm so fat and ugly!" I don't want her to grow up like that. I want her to see me happy and healthy. I don't want to search for 2 weeks because I can't find anything to wear for family pictures. I don't want to tell the photographer to pose us in ways that "hide how heavy I am". I want to chase my kid(s) and not feel like I am dying. I want to take Brynlee to the park and be able to play with her. Not only that, but I want to be able to shop for clothes and not be annoyed that there's only 5 XL shirts, but there's tons in small, medium, and even large. I know that my body is different now. Pregnancy and child birth really change a woman's body, but that doesn't mean that I have to be gross! I can still be a hot Mom!
I follow Megan over at Miss Madison's Charmed Life and she is very inspiring! She is one hot Mama! I've been looking at her food ideas and it inspired me to hit the grocery store today and go back to the healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that I used to eat. I recently used the Harris-Benedict Equation that she posted about and I realized that I have been trying to eat way too few calories. I track my calories on MyFitnessPal and was just using the generic recommendation it has to lose weight. Even when I was working out daily or multiple times a week and eating healthy, I was not losing much weight. So I am going to try the Harris-Benedict Equation and see if my body starts losing weight.
I love these breakfast muffins that I found on Pinterest. I have had them many times and I love them. They are so easy to make and you can add any toppings you'd like. I personally like turkey sausage crumbles or diced ham with (a little) cheese, tomatoes, and green onion. I forgot to add tomato to the batch I made tonight though. You just pour egg beaters + ingredients into a cupcake pan then bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, cool, and put them in plastic baggies in the fridge. They are easy to heat up. I like to eat them with salsa, too.
They don't look like they are all that good, but I really like them. So if you're looking for a different breakfast idea, you should give them a try. I know some people add mushrooms (yuck) and onions. I'm sure there's other things to add, too. They are low in calories as well.
I went ahead and was filling out my food log on MyFitnessPal for tomorrow so that I can see just how many calories everything I plan to eat adds up to. You sure can eat a lot of food when you eat healthy! Who knew?! :)
That is just some of what I will be eating tomorrow! That is just my lunch and snacks. I do like that my husband eats whatever I make. Even if it's an experiment (like the Lemon and Parmesan Spaghetti recipe from Pinterest) and he doesn't really care for it, he will still eat it because I cooked it. :) I am also going back to taking my vitamins every day. I don't know why, but I just stopped taking them one day. I don't even remember why. I am sure I just slacked like I have with my healthy eating and exercise. :(
I bought this convenient little weekly pill case so that I can keep it in my purse. I cannot take vitamins on an empty stomach so I take them to work with me, have breakfast, and then take the vitamins. Do you take vitamins?
I did pick a bad day to get back to running though. Tomorrow has a high of 46 degrees! I don't have a ton of cold weather running clothes so this should be interesting. I am not expecting to go out and run 3+ miles tomorrow though. I just need to get back to being active. This may be me tomorrow...lol
Okay, I doubt it will be snowing here tomorrow, lol. I will update you tomorrow night. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment