Monday, May 16, 2011

Less than 80 days to go!

I feel like I haven't updated in forever, but I also feel like there's not much to update on! It seems as though time is flying, but things are staying the same. Does that make any sense? I'll be 29 weeks on Wednesday. I can't believe that I am almost to 30 weeks then 32 weeks...etc The 3rd trimester is a bit on the rough side though. I am oh-so-achy. I can't sleep very well because my hips and back hurt pretty badly. My belly is sticking out further and getting quite heavy to lug around. Brynlee feels like a little creepy crawler in my belly and Joey has felt her doing weird movements a few times. I feel like she is constantly moving in there!

I also have some bad news. I took the 1 hour glucose tolerance screening last week and I failed it. :( Now I have to go back on Wednesday morning and take the 3 hour test! Yuck! I hear the 3 hour is a billion times worse than the 1 hour test. :( I also have to take iron pills now because I am slightly anemic. Due to iron kinda messing with your natural system, I also have to up the fiber! Grrrr.

My baby shower was on Saturday, May 14th and I had a great time! My mom came down from North Dakota and planned a really fun party with the help of my sister Ashley, sister-in-law Paige, and my cousin Brittney, and my best friend JoAnna. It was at my mother-in-law's house and she picked up a very pretty and tasty cake.

I had quite a few guests there. I did have a few "friends" RSVP, but then not show up so that was a little weird. (If you know me, you know how I am about respect and things like that. I know you have a phone so pick it up and use it.) We played a few fun games, ate delicious food (thanks Brittney!), opened presents and just visited. I am glad that not many people tried to touch my belly! I HATE that. I let a few people touch it, but only because I felt weird telling them no. I got a lot of awesome gifts! I think I am loaded on baby cleaning products for a lonnnnng time, lol.

Joey and I went to Target last night and bought small things that we need that we didn't get at the shower. We still have a few small things to pick up along the way, but I figure we have some time to do that. We'll also need to get a high chair, a small umbrella stroller, and a learn-to-walk thing. I need to order the curtains for the nursery, pick up a lamp, get some storage bins for the changing table, and a laundry basket for her room.

We're getting the bed and dresser out of the nursery this evening and also picking up her dresser this weekend. Then I can start organizing, decorating, and putting away her clothes and things! I don't want to finish it all too quickly though because I need something to keep me busy until her due date (besides working, of course)!

Here's to hoping that we have her at the end of July. (July 20th would be perfect little Miss Priss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment