I'll try to keep this quick for you. I'll be 30 weeks on Wednesday. WOW. I had my ultrasound today to check the status of my low lying placenta. The tech can't tell me much, but said that the Radiologist will take a look then let my OB know who will then let me know. I have an OB appointment tomorrow, but the Radiologist wasn't there today so we'll see if I get the results tomorrow not. *crosses fingers* The tech did say something that made me turn into a huge worry wart (I thought I couldn't get any worse). She was measuring Brynlee's abdomen and asked, "Do you have gestational diabetes?" I told her I didn't have the results of my test yet. She said that the baby's abdomen is measuring a "few weeks ahead" and that is usually a sign of GD. So I am sitting there almost in tears and trying so hard to think happy thoughts so I didn't cry. I looked at the screen and it said her abdomen is measuring 31 weeks. First of all, that is only ONE WEEK ahead. I wanted to punch her.
Unfortunately, no news does not always mean good news. I did the 3 hour glucose tolerance test last Wednesday and still had not heard from my OB's office. I called today for my results. The nurse said that 2 out of my 4 blood levels were "slightly elevated" which could mean gestational diabetes. So the GD specialist at the hospital called me today and I have an appointment on Friday at 10:00am to go over diet, exercise, taking blood checks, etc. Hopefully it will be managed by diet and I won't need to be put on insulin. *crosses fingers*
I feel like I have had a pretty decent pregnancy up until now. After Friday, I will have had 5 appointments this month and I am not even down to my 1 week appointments yet! I go 3 times this week. I am going to try and stay positive and do whatever I need to do to follow the doctor's orders and make sure me and Brynlee are healthy. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Unfortunately, no news does not always mean good news. I did the 3 hour glucose tolerance test last Wednesday and still had not heard from my OB's office. I called today for my results. The nurse said that 2 out of my 4 blood levels were "slightly elevated" which could mean gestational diabetes. So the GD specialist at the hospital called me today and I have an appointment on Friday at 10:00am to go over diet, exercise, taking blood checks, etc. Hopefully it will be managed by diet and I won't need to be put on insulin. *crosses fingers*
I feel like I have had a pretty decent pregnancy up until now. After Friday, I will have had 5 appointments this month and I am not even down to my 1 week appointments yet! I go 3 times this week. I am going to try and stay positive and do whatever I need to do to follow the doctor's orders and make sure me and Brynlee are healthy. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment