Thursday, June 9, 2011

Only 8 weeks to go!

Hello lovelies. :) I am 32 weeks (8 months) as of yesterday. I can't believe that I only have 8, possibly less, more weeks. I have another ultrasound at 36 weeks to check Brynlee's growth and make sure she isn't getting too big (because of the gestational diabetes). If they think she is going to be a large baby, they will induce me. If not, they will let me go naturally so I am *crossing my fingers* that I do NOT go over due and that I have a July baby!

The gestational diabetes stuff is a little easier than I thought, but can also be tricky. I really hate taking my blood every day. My OB said that I can drop down to only testing 3 days a week (still 4 times a day), but I am choosing to go with 5 days a week (skipping Saturday and Sunday). No, I am not skipping those days so that I can "cheat". I'm skipping them because my schedule is irregular on the weekends and it ends up messing with my blood sugar levels. I rarely eat breakfast on the weekends because we sleep in. Then we usually cook out or something for dinner. So I am just choosing to skip those days. I don't go back to the GD specialist until I am 36 weeks pregnant. :) My weight gain is still fluctuating between 3 and 5 lbs. On Monday, I was only up a total of 3 lbs at my OB appointment. It's 5 lbs on my home scale, but I haven't even been paying attention to that.

I do think the 3rd trimester is worse than the 1st. I never thought I'd say that since I was so sick until 20ish weeks. But seriously! I am SO HOT. I can't sleep. My entire body aches. Not to mention the fact that Brynlee is a little karate kid in there because she just bumps me constantly. It's reassuring to know that she is okay, but sometimes I need a break from the rib breaking. I hate summer right now especially because I am working in a NON-AIR CONDITIONED office until July 18th. No windows. No air circulation. The damn bathroom is colder than my office! This makes for a very, very unhappy AND grumpy pregnant woman.

On another note, Joey's Dad and step-mom, Jeanne, are going to go from having one grandchild (his wife's son and daughter-in-law already have a son) to five by the end of this year! Can you believe that? I'm due in August, Jeanne's son is having a baby girl in September, Joey's sister Lacey is having a girl in October, and Jeanne's son and daughter-in-law are having their second baby in December. Crazy!

I never feel like I am going to finish the nursery. I will spend hours working on it and then it doesn't seem like I did anything. :( I've really got to figure that out, lol.

I haven't showed, or really taken, any "baby bump" pictures. So I suppose I'll post some for you. The first two were taken about 2 weeks ago. In the middle picture, I was trying to see if I could see my feet without leaning forward. Apparently, I cannot. LOL I took the last one today before I went to work.





So there ya have it. There's my most recent update for ya!

1 comment: