Wednesday, August 10, 2011

She's Here!

I haven't updated in a long while, but I have a good reason: I'm a new mom! Brynlee Marie Petrosian arrived on July 27, 2011 at 5:18pm after almost exactly 12 hours of labor. She was 8 lbs 3 oz, 20 3/4 inches long, and has a full head of dark black hair. 
She's gorgeous and has a crazy personality already. She looks mostly like her Daddy, but definitely has her Mommy's lips. 
She is 2 weeks old today. It's definitely taking me some time to adjust to all of the changes, lack of sleep, and everything that comes with being a Mommy. I can no longer sleep with ear plugs in (to block out Joey's snoring) because I am too nervous that I'll miss something like Brynlee spitting up or needing me for something. Right now, I am so tired that I don't need the ear plugs anyway!

Joey is a great dad and helps in any way that he can. Yes, he changes diapers. I am breastfeeding, but supplementing with formula here and there so Joey helps with bottles, too. He likes to cuddle her when he gets home from work and she just snuggles right up to him. He randomly wakes up in the middle of the night (in a very sleepy trance) and asks me questions about the baby. Last night, he asked, "Where's the baby?" I told him that she is in her bassinet and he said, "Okay good." He thought she was in the bed with us and he didn't want to smash her.

At this point, I don't really know what all to say other than I love this little girl so much. It feels strange to say that I have a daughter. The first time I said that, I broke down crying. I'm really not sure why, but I'm sure it was just an overwhelming feeling.

Here's a few pictures for you:

I took this picture yesterday. I told her to take a picture for Daddy and she puckered up her lips :)

I'm sure I'll have plenty more stories and pictures to post. For now, I've got a baby to feed and bathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment