Saturday, June 2, 2012

Just a quick update

Oh goodness. Summer time is always such a busy time. My work hours switch to 8:30-5:00 and I feel like there's not enough time in the day to do anything. I rush to the sitter's to get Brynlee, she's usually tired and cranky, then I head home to make dinner and unwind. My house is a mess and I am exhausted by 8pm and ready for bed! I feel like the days are SO short in the summer and I hate working until 5pm. I suppose I am spoiled by getting off at 3:30pm during the school year! Then the weekend rolls around and I promise myself that I'll clean house, do laundry, etc but I'd rather go swimming and hang out with my baby girl!
So since the last time I posted, we've had some changes...

Brynlee is 10 months old now! She is full blown walking and doesn't crawl anymore at all! She turns her nose up at baby food because she loves "big people" food. We've started giving her whole milk now. The pediatrician said we could slowly start her on whole milk at 9 months, but I wasn't quite comfortable with that yet. So I waited a little longer and then gave her some to try. I thought she wouldn't like it because she only drinks her formula warm. I gave her a little bit in a cup and she practically chugged it. Then she held her cup up to me like she wanted more. So I gave her some and she chugged that, too! Then she had milk with the chicken alfredo I made for dinner. So every day she has some milk with a snack or just some milk while she's terrorizing the cat and destroying the house.

Here she is at 10 months in her festive bathing suit on Memorial Day:

I love this little girl more than anyone I have ever loved in my life. I have so much love for her that I have no idea how there's any love left for anyone else! It's amazing being a Mom. It's so hard to explain.

On to Joey...he went to see his surgeon on May 31st. They took out his staples and said he can return to work on June 4th. He has to go back to the surgeon on June 29th and they will check him out and schedule the 2nd surgery. I am glad that he won't be having surgery the week that I am going to Austin for work training. I was going to be really upset if I had to miss this trip. It will be nice to have a few days out of the office and out of Wichita Falls! I love Austin and I love my co-workers so I look forward to going! Plus we are staying in the Austin Hilton so who wouldn't be excited about that?

Okay back to Joey. He weighed 204 at his doctor appointment. He was 265 when all of this happened in February so he's lost about 60 pounds! I better get on the ball and lose some weight or he'll take off, lol. I haven't ran since the Tuesday before his surgery and his surgery was May 17th so needless to say, it's been a while. :( I miss running and miss having that time to myself. I HAVE been working out though. We run a summer program and we have 2 hours of academics and 2 hours on enrichment. During the 2 hours of academics, I assist the Special Education teacher through the school district's summer school and do one-on-one assistance with the special ed and 504 students. Then the 2 hours of enrichment, we do our own summer program. We play basketball, wiffle ball, kick ball, relays at the track, etc. While it's not full blown running miles, it's still getting some exercise!

I am going to enjoy my Strawberry Bacardi Silver and relax before bed. I'll try to be better about posting. I don't want the one person (shoutout to Cathy!) who reads my blog to miss me, LOL





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things are going well for you. I have missed reading your thoughts. :-) Thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is SO adorable! You have so much on your plate right now, good for you for making some time to work out. Every lit bit helps!

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete