Thursday, June 7, 2012

No trespassing!

So on Tuesday, I decided to use my lunch break to go for a run on the school track. It had rained that morning and the night before so I figured it would be a nice day for a mid-afternoon run. As I am entering the gate, I see this sign:

Haha! Just kidding. Could you imagine if this sign was posted on a school track? LOL There WAS a sign, but it wasn't that one. I didn't have my camera so I didn't take a picture, but it said something about: "WARNING, Track is being refinished. Please do not use." So what did I do? Did I turn around and think, "Aww bollicks, I don't get to run and now I have to sit in my car until my co-worker gets back from her doctor appointment so that she can let me back in the school."? Did I go ahead and run? Why yes, yes I did. I wanted to calibrate my foot pod because I STILL haven't done that. I have wanted to use an outdoor track for accurate calibration and haven't been able to use one. So I finally calibrated it on Tuesday. Now I can have my foot pod when I run in doors. :)

Boy was I wrong about it being a nice day for a mid-afternoon run. It was blazing hot and oh-so-humid! I was dying and I felt like my lungs were on fire. I am going to have to either run early in the morning before work (ha! like that'll happen) or run in the evenings (ha! like that'll happen). LOL I don't know what to do. I don't get off work until 5pm now so I feel drained and feel like I don't have enough time with Brynlee before she goes to bed between 7-7:30pm. I know that I have got to stop making excuses and just schedule it like I would schedule anything else. Granted, I am not that good at taking care of important things. I am horrible about going months upon months without so much as trimming my hair. I know some women are great about making their hair a priority, but I am not. Exercise (and my health) is much more important than hair, but that's just an example. Maybe I should use Brynlee's doctor appointments as my example since I always go to those no matter what's going on at work! Yeah, that's a better example than my lack of getting my hair done LOL

Yesterday I wasn't feeling up for exercise with the kids at school, but I am today. They better be ready! I obviously can't wear my Garmin while we're playing basketball, kickball, or wiffle ball since it's for running or biking so I can't keep up with my calories burned, but it still feels good to know that I'm at least being active. It's not the exercise that I NEED, but it's still exercise.

I know that if I do not get back to running 3 miles than there's no way I can do the 5k I signed up for in October. I planned to sign up for a 5k in September, but I haven't done it yet. I don't know anyone else who will be running it and I'd rather sign up for a race with other people even if we don't run together. Ya know?

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment