Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Drive By!

I know it has been a month since I've updated and I always promise to go back to blogging all the time like I used to, but let's be honest here...I suppose I suck! Work keeps me busy as well as a crazy little 13 month old. We just started a new school year and there's a lot of changes so I have been extremely occupied with work. By the time I get home, I am so exhausted! I figure I'll do a drive-by and update you on Joey's health issues and a few pictures of Brynlee.

He had his 2nd surgery on August 23rd to revert the colostomy bag and put his colon back together. Finally! He had the colostomy bag for 14 weeks. His surgery was about 5 hours long. I was at the hospital from 12pm-almost 10pm. It was a long day. His surgery went well though. They ended up having to remove another 4-6 inches of his colon that was infected with the diverticulitis. They couldn't remove it last time because it was embedded so far in his pelvis that they could not get to it without slicing and dicing on his bladder. They did find a hole between his bladder and small intestine so they repaired that. They had to put in ureteral stents during surgery and he had them in for a couple of days. The surgery took extra long because the surgeon ended up having to sew him up by hand instead of using the normal staple machine that they use. He is healing nicely. He doesn't feel very well, but he seems to be getting better. He went to the doctor today and they said he is doing okay. He goes back next Thursday to get the staples removed and should be able to go back to work on September 17th. If all goes according to the plan, he will "only" miss 3 1/2 weeks of work. It's still a long time, but it could be worse.

What's been going on with Brynlee? Well, she is still crazy. She is 13 months old. She has 8 teeth now. She pretty much got 4 of them at the same time. Yikes! She is no longer on a bottle or formula and hasn't been on either for a few weeks now. It was surprisingly easy to transition to whole milk and easy to get her off the bottle. Here's some pictures for you!
She likes ravioli and is learning to use silverware (not fast enough lol). Oh and her Dad put that newborn bib on her!

She looks cute in overalls!
She stares at me when I take her picture(s).

She looks cute in pretty dresses, but hates big bows and pulls them off.

She likes to show off her new oufits.

And stand really close to the camera! ;)

She likes to make a million weird faces when I am just trying to get one cute one!

She loves eating cheerios in the car!

She likes to help Mommy with laundry (but is not very good at it). Annnnnd......

She LOOOOOOOOOOOVES beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment