I am still sensitive to smells and that makes me gag. I am assuming that will last the majority of my pregnancy. I do have morning sickness in the morning as opposed to all day sickness. It's worse when I haven't eaten yet. I've lost 6 lbs so far. I am sure I will start to gain it here soon. I think I started to gain weight around 17 or 18 weeks with Brynlee, but I was also throwing a lot so it was to be expected that I would lose weight. I keep meaning to look back at my pregnancy journal that I kept about being pregnant with Brynlee. It's kind of fun to compare.
Brynlee is excited to be a big sister, but she really wants a little sister. I am trying to explain to her that she can't choose if she has a brother or sister, but she doesn't understand that. What 3 year old would? She told me the other day that she will be sad if she has a little brother. That makes me sad. I know she will be happy to have a little brother and will forget that she ever thought of feeling sad. But I also do feel sad because we will probably (like 95% sure) only have 2 kids. I love having sisters and would really like Brynlee to have a sister. But lets be real here, she is a Daddy's Girl to the core. It sure would be nice to have a Mama's Boy! :) She also, of course, doesn't have any concept of time, LOL. She wants her little "sister" to come to her birthday party...in two weeks. She has been hugging and patting my belly. She's careful when she jumps and climbs on me. She's a very smart, sweet little girl. I am lucky to have her!
I can't believe that I am 4 months pregnant already. I am looking forward to my baby bump growing. I don't look pregnant yet. Well, my boobs do. Haha! I am also looking forward to taking more time off from work with this baby. With Brynlee, I was only actually off work for 5 weeks. The first week was already built into my short summer vacation with my last job. I also had to take the time off unpaid so that is one reason that I could not take longer. We just could not really afford for me to not work. With this one, I planned ahead. I've been paying for short-term disability as well as saving my sick, personal, and vacation days. I plan to take the full 12 weeks or as long as I will be paid. The STD will only pay 60% of my pay, but that is better than $0.
I do have to figure out my plan for Brynlee though. I'd like to keep her in daycare because I know the first 3-4 weeks will be rough as far as barely able to move around, getting used to having a newborn and being a milk machine, and exhaustion! Brynlee is an early bird. On the other hand, it'd be nice to have time with her and also save money on daycare. I just don't see myself getting two kids up early, get them ready, and taking her to school. It'd be different if Joey could take her, but he drives a work van with no backseat so no car seats. Hmm. I suppose we have time to figure it out. I like to plan.
So far so good. I can't wait for the anatomy scan on August 5th! I find out in TWO weeks what we are having. I hope, at least. I had an ultrasound around 18 weeks with Brynlee and she was shy. The u/s tech had to guess and say she was "pretty sure" she was a girl. So I hope this little one won't be so shy so we can see the gender! Of course, I want everything else to be perfect as well. A lot of people think I am having a boy since my pregnancy is opposite of Brynlee's. I thought it'd be fun to do a gender poll and see who is right. :) Feel free to participate! The link is below.

Boy.=)
ReplyDelete