Monday, August 4, 2014

18 weeks and a birthday party!

We had a great birthday party for Brynlee this weekend. Brynlee's cousin, Ainsley, came down to spend the night with her on Friday night. They had lots of fun. It's so neat because they are only 3 months apart so they are so close in age. We had her party at the local recreation center at the indoor pool. It has a big pool, lazy river, big slide, and a kiddie area with slides and such. It was so much fun. Brynlee had a great time hanging out with everyone. She really didn't want to leave the pool. I didn't take many pictures since we were having too much fun. I took a few.

Ready for winter!
Brynlee (grumpy) and Ainsley. They're so beautiful. <3

Minnie and Mickey at the beach!
Minnie balloons!
Doc McBrynlee
This girl. I just love her. She made sure to give everyone a hug and tell them hi when they came to her party. She told everyone bye and thanked mostly everyone for coming to her party. I only had to tell her one time to make sure she greeted and thanked her guests. Proud Mommy! We spent the rest of Sunday just playing with her toys, putting away her cute new clothes, and reading the cards she received. I put all of her cards in her memory box.

In other news, I hit 18 weeks today! Tomorrow is our big anatomy scan. I am so excited to find out what the gender of this little one. Brynlee is still just dying for a little sister, but she has started calling one of her baby dolls a boy. She still named him Rhino. Oh Lawd. I woke up feeling great today even though I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I didn't throw up or gag this morning after brushing my teeth and I haven't felt nauseous. Hooray! I usually just feel nauseous if it has been too long since I last ate. My blood sugars are still good minus a couple semi high ones after eating things I shouldn't eat (*ahem* tortillas *ahem*). I send my numbers to the nurse practitioner every week and she says the docs review them and say to keep up the good word, no changes. I am tired of finger pricking though!

The heat rash on my neck and face went away. It only took a few days of applying hydro-cortisone. I've never had a heat rash before in my life so that was weird. It didn't itch, but it felt warm to me. My headaches are still crazy so I definitely need to let my OB know. I can't go 22 more weeks of daily headaches. I had one horribly bad yesterday. I went to lay down in the dark in my room. I couldn't go to sleep though because the pain was just too much. Luckily, it finally went away after a few hours of dealing with that crap. My weight went up about a pound today from last week, but I am still down 5 1/2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Hooray! When I went to my OB last Monday, she pointed out that I was down almost 10 lbs (according to their scales). I am sure it's from not being able to eat much at a time. I go from starving to full in 3 bites, basically. It also helps that I am watching carbs and such. I was reading back on my journal entries from being pregnant with Brynlee and this is the time I started to slowly gain weight so I am sure it will happen now. I'm not too worried, but I am hoping to keep my weight gain to a minimum like I did with Brynlee.

Ah this pregnancy is going by so fast! I am looking forward to fall and then before I know it, I'll be looking forward to holding and loving on our new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment