Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cute little baby!

Joey and I went to our anatomy scan on Tuesday afternoon. The baby is nice and healthy! That is always absolutely wonderful to hear. S/he is measuring right on track. We got to see cute little baby feet, cute little baby legs, and a cute little baby face. Unfortunately, s/he would not show us anything between the legs. The baby had his/her heels firmly pressed in its crotch area. Refused to show us anything! The doctor said he wouldn't/couldn't venture a guess because he honestly could not get the baby to move the feet long enough to see. He dug that ultrasound wand into my pelvis and said that the baby's butt was way back in my pelvis. He tried digging and wiggling that baby. He tried way harder than the ultrasound tech did with Brynlee though. But nothing. Sigh. He scheduled me for another ultrasound in FOUR WEEKS on September 5th. It's actually 4.5 weeks. So we waited 18 weeks to find out what the gender of our new little love bug, but now we wait more. :( I left very disappointed, but also happy. Of course, I am happy that the baby is healthy and growing well. But come on, it's totally understandable to feel disappointed not to find out! I am definitely not one that can wait until birth. Sure, I think that'd be exciting for Joey to go out into the waiting room and announce, "IT'S A ________!" and then I get to officially announce his/her name, but let's get real here...I get way too excited and definitely can't wait that long to shop.

I was also extra disappointed to not find out because I signed up to be a consignor for the Just Between Friends sale at the end of August. If we're having a boy, I need to organize, price, and tag Brynlee's old clothes so I can consign them and buy itty bitty boy clothes. If we're having a girl, I want to be able to buy itty bitty girl clothes for fall/winter. Brynlee and new baby are going to be born in opposite seasons. Brynlee was born in July and this one will be born end of December/early January so the sizes and seasons will be a bit off. My ultrasound with the high risk OB is not until September 5th so I would miss getting to consign at the sale. :(

The OB only gave us one cute little picture of the gummy bear. This is a picture of his/her face from the side. S/he is looking up at my placenta. You can see a cute little forehead, nose, chin, and then the body and where the spine is. So fun!

Petrosian #2 18 weeks 1 day gestation

I've already had three ultrasounds this time around. It's so neat to compare the 9 week, 12 week, and 18 week ultrasounds. They grow so fast in that amount of time. S/he went from looking like a gummy bear to a potato to a human. My OB said s/he is weighing around 8oz right now. He said that may not sound big, but that is a healthy baby. It's such an awesome feeling to see a baby growing inside of me. I can feel him/her moving some evenings when I lay down for bed or I am watching TV. I feel these little flutters and movements. It's usually on my left side though and this week, s/he was down deep on the right side. Better enjoy having room to move around before s/he gets stuck in one place, haha! Brynlee LOVED being in my ribs on my right side. Oh man, it was painful. I have a short torso so the babies I grow don't have much room in there, I guess.

Hopefully we'll find out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment