23 weeks, ya'll! I'll be honest and say that sometimes I feel like I have been pregnant forever. Other times, I feel so rushed and cannot believe that I only have about 16 weeks until I have another baby. I am not ready yet! I cleaned out Makenna's closet this weekend and tried emptying/sorting the boxes of stuff in her room. It was overwhelming. The boxes were really just full of picture frames that need new pictures, decorations for the kitchen, and small candles. One downfall to the house we bought is the lack of storage places. You would think that would mean we would store less stuff, but nope. We just keep finding a place for everything...
I feel like we have so much to do to get ready for Makenna's arrival. First, we need to paint both of the girls' bedrooms. I want to do Brynlee's in pink and white polka dots (just one accent wall) so I can finally hang up all of her Minnie Mouse decorations. We are planning to decorate Makenna's room in red, black, and gray lady bugs. I saw the cutest bedroom set at Target. I'd like to paint her room gray on top and red on the bottom of the walls. We'll see if Joey will do what I ask. :) We also need to get her a crib. Joey wants a white one to match our white changing table. Brynlee's crib was brown. I need to have Joey get the small size clothing bins out of the attic so I can start washing clothes and figure out what we need. I did go to the 50% Just Between Friends sale on Saturday. I actually didn't buy anything for Makenna, but found a super cute coat for Brynlee for $3! I also got her quite a few long sleeve shirts for fall/winter. I did get Makenna a few things when I went to the first day of the sale last weekend. I even got her two cute little Texas Tech outfits. :) We really don't need much for her since we already have a girl. Since they're born in opposite seasons, I'll most likely just have to layer her clothes so I bought some long sleeve solid white onesies. I should probably get some other colors, too.
Anyway, I have been doing pretty well. My OB wrote me a prescription for Fioricet at my 21 week appointment. Since then, I've had very few headaches at all. I've only taken one of the pills and I haven't taken any Tylenol in a couple of weeks. Crazy, huh? I am glad they decided to let up a bit and I hope they stay away. My headaches were brutal! I haven't been getting sick after my brushing my teeth anymore either. It does seem like I've traded those issues for other issues though! My hips hurt so bad especially on the right side. I toss and turn all night long. I have to sleep with a big body pillow between my legs and another big pillow against my stomach. I miss sleeping on my stomach. :( It's getting harder and harder to bend over and I am getting winded so easily these days. It hurts to get down on my knees against the bath tub to give Brynlee a bath. By the end of the work day, my back hurts so badly from my desk chair. I even have a pillow behind my back. I wish I could actually get some good sleep though. I wonder when that will happen...
Joey doesn't seem excited this time around. I know he's happy or whatever, but he was SO excited when I was pregnant with Brynlee. I am sure he's "been there done that" so he knows what to expect. He never asks how I am doing, never asks how the baby is doing, and doesn't really ever talk about her. He sometimes mentions her to Brynlee, but it's really not that often. I am also nowhere near as sick as I was with Brynlee. He used to hold my hair or get me a pony tail, bring me water and crackers, and a wet rag. He was so sweet and loving. Now he's like, "suck it up". Boo! Men.
I saw the high risk OB on Friday. This is the one who did our anatomy scan 4 weeks ago and even though he tried so hard, he could not get her to show us gender. I am glad I scheduled an elective scan after that disappointing appointment. When I went to see him on Friday, he tried to determine gender again with not much luck! She had her little legs pressed tightly together, the cord between her legs, and a hand down there. He said if he was going to bet, he'd bet girl, but wouldn't bet a lot. I told him that I had an elective scan and it was pretty clear that she is a girl. He said he thought he could see three lines, but couldn't say for sure. She also had one of her hands up by her face. So he had to wiggle her around so he could get a better view of her eyes and mouth. All is well! She is healthy and happy in there. The doctor said she is growing great and measuring on track for everything. That's always great to hear. My weight was exactly the same on Friday as it was at my appointment 4 weeks ago. According to my home scale this morning, I am down 6.2 lbs. As my mom says, I have a "surplus" of weight so it's fine that I haven't gained weight yet. I am hoping that when I do start gaining, I either don't go over my pre-pregnancy weight or I break even. :)
Here's to 24 weeks next week and soon to be in the 3rd trimester! I better kick the nesting in to high gear! :)

I feel like we have so much to do to get ready for Makenna's arrival. First, we need to paint both of the girls' bedrooms. I want to do Brynlee's in pink and white polka dots (just one accent wall) so I can finally hang up all of her Minnie Mouse decorations. We are planning to decorate Makenna's room in red, black, and gray lady bugs. I saw the cutest bedroom set at Target. I'd like to paint her room gray on top and red on the bottom of the walls. We'll see if Joey will do what I ask. :) We also need to get her a crib. Joey wants a white one to match our white changing table. Brynlee's crib was brown. I need to have Joey get the small size clothing bins out of the attic so I can start washing clothes and figure out what we need. I did go to the 50% Just Between Friends sale on Saturday. I actually didn't buy anything for Makenna, but found a super cute coat for Brynlee for $3! I also got her quite a few long sleeve shirts for fall/winter. I did get Makenna a few things when I went to the first day of the sale last weekend. I even got her two cute little Texas Tech outfits. :) We really don't need much for her since we already have a girl. Since they're born in opposite seasons, I'll most likely just have to layer her clothes so I bought some long sleeve solid white onesies. I should probably get some other colors, too.
Anyway, I have been doing pretty well. My OB wrote me a prescription for Fioricet at my 21 week appointment. Since then, I've had very few headaches at all. I've only taken one of the pills and I haven't taken any Tylenol in a couple of weeks. Crazy, huh? I am glad they decided to let up a bit and I hope they stay away. My headaches were brutal! I haven't been getting sick after my brushing my teeth anymore either. It does seem like I've traded those issues for other issues though! My hips hurt so bad especially on the right side. I toss and turn all night long. I have to sleep with a big body pillow between my legs and another big pillow against my stomach. I miss sleeping on my stomach. :( It's getting harder and harder to bend over and I am getting winded so easily these days. It hurts to get down on my knees against the bath tub to give Brynlee a bath. By the end of the work day, my back hurts so badly from my desk chair. I even have a pillow behind my back. I wish I could actually get some good sleep though. I wonder when that will happen...
Joey doesn't seem excited this time around. I know he's happy or whatever, but he was SO excited when I was pregnant with Brynlee. I am sure he's "been there done that" so he knows what to expect. He never asks how I am doing, never asks how the baby is doing, and doesn't really ever talk about her. He sometimes mentions her to Brynlee, but it's really not that often. I am also nowhere near as sick as I was with Brynlee. He used to hold my hair or get me a pony tail, bring me water and crackers, and a wet rag. He was so sweet and loving. Now he's like, "suck it up". Boo! Men.
I saw the high risk OB on Friday. This is the one who did our anatomy scan 4 weeks ago and even though he tried so hard, he could not get her to show us gender. I am glad I scheduled an elective scan after that disappointing appointment. When I went to see him on Friday, he tried to determine gender again with not much luck! She had her little legs pressed tightly together, the cord between her legs, and a hand down there. He said if he was going to bet, he'd bet girl, but wouldn't bet a lot. I told him that I had an elective scan and it was pretty clear that she is a girl. He said he thought he could see three lines, but couldn't say for sure. She also had one of her hands up by her face. So he had to wiggle her around so he could get a better view of her eyes and mouth. All is well! She is healthy and happy in there. The doctor said she is growing great and measuring on track for everything. That's always great to hear. My weight was exactly the same on Friday as it was at my appointment 4 weeks ago. According to my home scale this morning, I am down 6.2 lbs. As my mom says, I have a "surplus" of weight so it's fine that I haven't gained weight yet. I am hoping that when I do start gaining, I either don't go over my pre-pregnancy weight or I break even. :)
Here's to 24 weeks next week and soon to be in the 3rd trimester! I better kick the nesting in to high gear! :)

Did your mom really tell you that you have a surplus of weight? As if.
ReplyDeleteYes, I did say something to that effect, but it was not in a mean way. Amanda was worried that she hasn't gained any weight yet, and I explained that when a woman has any extra weight pre-pregnancy, the baby will just take what he or she needs from the "surplus" of weight, and not to worry.
ReplyDelete