My OB appointments have now increased in frequency! I just saw my OB last week for my 25 week appointment and I see her again at 28 weeks. Then I'll go back at 30 weeks. Shit gets real when you start your every 2 week appointments. I'll do that for a few appointments before I get switched to WEEKLY appointments! Eek! I also am still seeing the MFM (high risk OB) every 4 weeks. I am not sure if those appointments will increase in frequency or what. I see them next week so I guess I'll find out then. I can't believe I am already to this point. With Brynlee, I felt like I was pregnant forever. It also didn't help that I was sick until 21 weeks. I haven't been very sick with Makenna other than a few weeks of throwing up every.single.morning after brushing my teeth. I am glad that stopped! I still occasionally get nauseous, but it's not often at all. Anyway, I have felt like this pregnancy has flown by. It probably doesn't help that I don't feel prepared even though we really don't have a ton to do. With Brynlee, there was a lot of preparation needed since she was our first baby. With Makenna, we are using so many hand-me-downs.
We need to do these things:
1.) Paint the nursery
2.) Put together the crib
3.) Buy a dresser
4.) Order the bedding/nursery stuff
5.) Get the clothes bins out of the attic and wash everything
6.) Buy diapers
So we really don't have a ton to do. Okay, looking at the list like that...we have a ton to do! We are not ready for a baby yet, LOL.

Brynlee is still so excited about being a sister. She talks about Makenna all the time and I just love it. She kisses my belly. She helps me pick things up when I drop them because she knows that it hurts me to bend over. It makes me so happy. I cannot wait to see her hold her and love on her. One of my friends from college just had her 2nd daughter. She posts pictures of her big girl holding her little girl and it makes me tear up every single time! Her daughter looks just so happy to be a sister. I know that's how Brynlee will be. <3
My 25 week appointment was pretty awful. I won't go into the long version, but the short version is this: My OB's nurse (who I like) was a total annoying B***h. She asked me if I went to diabetes education and I said no. She freaked out and wanted to know why. I told her that I wasn't referred there. She didn't believe me and basically said that I "didn't go" to DE and that they always refer patients there. Then she told me that she would be letting my OB know. Um, ok. Go ahead. Then the student Nurse Practitioner comes in (never met her before). Doesn't introduce herself. Asks me all the same things the nurse just asked. Also talked to me about not going to DE. OB finally comes in and um yep, she's big ole pregnant. At this point, I knew she was further along than I am which means she won't be the one there for my delivery. As soon as she comes in, I ask her when she is due. She says December 15th. Yep, due 3 weeks before me. I told her that I was pretty sure at my last appt (4 weeks ago) that she was pregnant, but figured she would tell me since I am her patient. She says, "Yeah, my patients are starting to figure it out." That is so unprofessional! She should have been upfront with me and her other patients to let us know that she is pregnant especially when it means she will no longer be there for my L&D or even my last few weeks of pregnancy. So I am mad and ask her what happens to my care. She says there's 7 doctors in her practice and I will rotate between them all for my end of pregnancy appointments. Then whoever is on call that week will deliver my baby OR I can "pick one" that I like best. I am so mad! I am not mad that she is pregnant. I am mad that she was just going to avoid the topic until I brought it up. It was like a big baby elephant in the room. So after a big lecture from her on not going to DE, she wants to see my blood sugar numbers. I show her. I had ONE that was 138 (numbers are supposed to be under 120, high risk OB wants them under 130). She asks me what I ate that day--a week ago. I tell her that I don't remember and that maybe I ate too much. Her bitchy response is this, "See that is why you need DE. They will teach you to make good choices. This is not about YOU, it is about YOUR BABY." And the way she said it made it seem like I am trying to kill my baby. I wanted to leave right then. The appointment ended shortly. I went to pay and set up my next appt then I had to go to the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom, the nurse and student NP were talking about me. In the hallway. In the open. For anyone to hear. I am pissed! Yeah, that was the short version! I am so aggravated and appalled at the lack of professionalism in that office.
Anyway, now this blog post made me realize I need to get things in gear...

No comments:
Post a Comment