I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. As I said before, the worst part now is the lack of being able to get comfortable to sleep. I go to bed somewhere between 8-9pm and I can usually fall asleep quickly. Once Joey comes to bed, I don't sleep very well. I have been waking up between 1-4am every.single.night and not able to go back to sleep for at least an hour or two. My hips hurt, my back hurts, my stomach hurts. I keep cramping and having other "body getting ready for labor" signs. I'll spare you the gory details.
This last Wednesday, I woke up in excruciating pain on my right side, my right hip, and across my pelvis. It was so hard to walk, sit, anything. I couldn't get comfortable. It sucked. I worked from home that day as there was no way I was going to be able to drive to work, walk to my office, and sit in an office chair all day. Paige (sister-in-law) ended up coming to get Brynlee and I to take us to her house. She took care of us. Then she took me to my 4pm appointment with Dr. T. I had my NST/BPP and he said baby looked great. She's definitely moving down so I am feeling her movements in different places.
Last week at my 36 week check up, I was dilated to a 1. That's better than how I was with Brynlee. I was only about a fingertip or so dilated at 39 weeks when I went in for induction. So at least my body is making progress this time. I go back tomorrow for another check to see where I am now. Hopefully all of these cramps, BH contractions, and other issues are good signs that I am dilating. My OB didn't give me an induction date at that appointment, but said her report from Dr. T said to induce between 38-39 so her nurse will call the hospital to schedule the induction. She said I would hear by the end of the week. That's a long time to wait! Luckily, her nurse called me the next afternoon.
We go in at 4am on 12/23 for induction. It wasn't really what I wanted to hear, but being that that is the week of Christmas, the days for induction are limited as it is. I really hope we're not in the hospital on Christmas morning, but what can you do? If so, we'll just celebrate later that day. I have to call the hospital at 3am (!!!) to see if they are still on track for me to come in at 4am. If not, then they will push the time back and give me an idea on when to come in. I really hope it doesn't get pushed back. I am hoping we will be home by the evening of Christmas Eve.
I feel like I still have SO much to do. Kyle and Paige came over yesterday to help us with projects. Joey got a bunch of stuff down out of the attic, but there's a bunch of stuff I can't find. Bottles, changing pad, baby socks, the little car mirror, etc. I know they have to be somewhere, but I have no idea where. Paige helped me put away and sort Makenna's clothes, work on her room a bit more, and sort through the stuff that Joey got down out of the attic. I washed 3 loads of baby clothes/towels/bibs and two more loads of things like the car seat cover, swing cover, bassinet bedding, etc. Joey needs to install the car seat base, but he says we don't need to do that yet. WHAT! I am 37 weeks and being induced in 9 days. We should go ahead and put it in. I also still haven't hung the decorations on Makenna's walls. Sigh.
I've also been cleaning house and trying to finish up everything for Christmas. Cleaning house sucks right now. I can't do much without getting super out of breath and of course my body aches all over so it's hard to do a ton at one time. But I know I need to get this house cleaned since I am sure people will visit us after the new little love bug gets here. I want to make sure we get Brynlee's presents wrapped (I haven't even bought everything yet) so that we can get them under the tree on Christmas Eve. She is going to stay with Kyle and Paige on the 22nd and 23rd. Hopefully she will be home with us on the 24th. <3
Brynlee has been a big helper so far. She has been helping me sort laundry, put things away, etc. She's also been a bit emotional and crazy lately, but I guess she gets a little bit of a pass since things are about to get real crazy.
I took personal days for Dec 22 and 23rd before we knew induction date. I thought I would have the week of the 22-28th to prep and celebrate Christmas. I am now thinking of also taking off Dec 18th and 19th or just the 19th. My boss already told me that if I need to take off, to go ahead and do so. I have to decide ASAP though.
Okay Brynlee and I are off to put away bibs, blankets, and other various baby items. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment