Things are going pretty well over here minus how uncomfortable it is for me to sleep. I am 35 weeks now and so close to meeting our baby girl. In my last post (32 weeks), I posted that I was seeing the regular OB twice a month and seeing the high risk OB weekly for NST/BPP appointments. At my 34 week appointment with my regular OB, she went ahead and moved me to weekly appointments. So I see her every Monday and I see high risk on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. It's a lot.
I saw high risk doc yesterday. It was a big appointment because it was my growth scan. Makenna is measuring average as far as her legs, arms, head, etc. and is measuring on track with where I am in my pregnancy. Her stomach is measuring larger at 36 weeks and 6 days, which is common for GD babies. She is also weighing approximately 6 lbs 1 oz so she will probably be around 8 lbs like Brynlee was. My fluid levels are great and she is still head down. I love getting the BPP (biophysical profile) ultrasound because I get to see her breathing. It is SO neat. Dr. T said there's no reason to up my dosage of Glyburide so I am still on the lowest dose possible and only once a day. That's great news. He did say that he recommends induction between 38 and 39 weeks. When I see my regular OB on Monday, she will schedule my induction. I'll be 38 weeks on December 22nd, but that is the week of Christmas so I am really hoping that she doesn't schedule me for induction until at least December 26th. Ideally, she'd wait until 39 weeks, but she said I will definitely not go over that. So we will have a baby in less than 4 weeks. Crazy! One (probably the only one) good thing about being overweight before getting pregnant is that I have not gained a single pound this pregnancy. I am actually still under my pre-pregnancy weight. On my home scale, I am under by somewhere between 6.4-7.8lbs (first thing in the morning, naked, no food) and at the doctor's offices it is somewhere between 2.4-3.5 under (late afternoon appointments, fully clothes, had food all day). So I am pretty thrilled about that. Don't get me wrong, my reflection shows I've gained 40 lbs, lol.
I feel like she constantly moves and has very little sleep time in there. Apparently, they are supposed to be sleeping like 14 hours a day. I don't think she does. Sometimes she even keeps me up for HOURS at night moving around. I've also felt what I think are contractions at night. They weren't...painful. Just uncomfortable and felt like my entire stomach was kind of cramping? I don't know how to describe it. I never felt any of that with Brynlee. If I wouldn't have had GD and been induced, she probably would have waited to come until like 42 weeks, haha.
I feel Makenna hiccup all the time, too. I like baby hiccups, but sometimes she has them for a long time. She's not as far up in my ribs as Brynlee was so I can be thankful for that. I also don't see her butt bulging out of my side like Brynlee, lol. I do feel her feet high on my right side. I love watching her move.
I am planning for my last work day to be December 19th so I only have 12 more days of work after today. I am honestly counting down, but I feel like I have so much to do. A temporary Navigator will be taking my place while I am on leave. My boss said they are starting the interviews next week. Uh yeah, cutting it a little close to me leaving. So I may not get to meet with the person at all other than helping with interviews. I honestly have a lot of anxiety about someone coming in and replacing me for a few months. I am one who likes my order, has my way of doing things, and I just don't want this person to come in and mess it up. Luckily, my clients won't be around much for about a month. This is their last week of classes, finals next week, and then Christmas break until the end of January. But I still worry about them not reaching out to the temporary person when they need assistance. I will be back after spring break in March.
As far as Brynlee, she is doing great. She is so excited about being a big sister. I also think this is the first year she really understands and is excited for Christmas. She helped me with the Christmas tree earlier this week. We haven't finished because I need more hooks for the ornaments. I asked her what she wants for Christmas and she said she wants sparkly heart earrings and a purple star for the Christmas tree. How sweet. She also said she wants a star on the Christmas tree for Makenna. I don't know what we did, but we are raising one sweet little girl. She is so thoughtful and caring. I hope she stays this way. <3 She kisses and rubs my belly every day. When I take her to school, she hugs and kisses me and then hugs and kisses my belly. Every night, she wants to cuddle with me and Makenna. She includes her little sister in everything that we do (like little sister has a choice lol). If I say that Mommy, Daddy, and Brynlee are going somewhere, she always says, "AND MAKENNA!" She frequently goes in Makenna's nursery and oos and awws over her room. <3 It just touches my heart every time.
I can't wait to see the two of them together. I know I will be emotional and have happy tears to meet Makenna, but I know I'll probably be an emotional mess the first time Brynlee sees her little sister. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment