Thursday, November 13, 2014

32 Weeks!

I haven't posted in a while. I feel like so much has gone on in the last month. The time change also has thrown me off. I am getting home later than normal because I have to stay late at work almost every day to make up the time I am missing for doctor's appointments. About that...

I am seeing my regular OB every 2 weeks. This week, my high risk OB moved me to weekly appointments instead of monthly appointments. My fasting blood sugar numbers have been over the 95 cut off. They've steadily been 99-101 and I haven't done anything different to cause them to increase. It just happens later in pregnancy. They had to put me on a very lose dose oral medication called Glyburide to help decrease my fasting numbers. I was on it with Brynlee as well. Since they put me on the medication, they have to monitor the baby weekly. So yesterday I had my first weekly appointment with the high risk OB's office. It took about an hour. Then they do what is called a BPP (biophysical profile). They first do an NST (non-stress test) where they hook me up to monitors to track contractions (not having any). They also measure the baby's movement, heart rate and “reactivity” of heart rate to movement for 20-30 minutes. Everything was good there. Then they do an ultrasound where they measure the baby's breathing, movement, muscle tone, heart rate, and amniotic fluid. Everything was good there as well! I will get these tests weekly until I have the baby.

Luckily, my high risk OB has multiple offices. They have one office that is located about 3 minutes from my job. So it's easy for me to go over there for an hour and then come back to work, if needed. They scheduled me all of my appointments until December 2nd (35 weeks) and then will schedule my December appointments on 12/2. I see my regular OB every other Monday, but in December I will see her every Monday.

Things are going pretty well pregnancy wise. Of course, sleeping is difficult and I have to switch sides a lot as to not irritate my hips too much. I am also still having a lot of heartburn. It's awful. The baby finally flipped head down. I hope she stays that way! I went to a chiropractor last Friday and I feel like she really helped with my back pain, pelvic pain, and round ligaments. Apparently my pelvis was really misaligned. The chiropractor said I should start to feel some relief in my right foot (where I broke my sesamoid bone). I hope so because it's still very tender. I'd like to get to run again after I heal up after labor and delivery. I plan to go back to the chiropractor on Friday after work. My (lack of) weight gain is awesome. According to my home scale, I am still down 5.2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. It fluctuates between 5.2 and 6.2. My weight has stayed the same at my high risk office and has fluctuated a little (not much) at my regular OB's office. It just depends on what I had for lunch and what I am wearing that day, LOL. Overweight women really aren't supposed to gain much during pregnancy anyway. I feel like I have gained a ton and I look like it, too.



Here's a recent picture of my co-workers and I from Monday, 11/10. All 3 of us are pregnant if you can't tell by the obvious "hands on the baby bumps" picture. Kara is due April 2nd with a boy, Jenna is due January 25th with a girl, and I am due January 5th with a girl. Our co-workers were so nice and hosted us a joint baby shower (for Jenna and me). It was so beautiful and so sweet. I felt so loved! It was perfect.

Joey painted Makenna's room last weekend. I haven't taken any pictures yet because I want to wait until we put up the border, put the crib together, etc. It just looks like a mess right now. I can't wait to get everything together and have her nursery set up. We better hurry as my due date is in less than 8 weeks. If I am induced at 39 weeks, I only have less than 7 weeks left. My last week of work should be the two days before Christmas! That's less than 6 weeks! I should start a count down on my calendar, LOL. I am looking forward to some time off from my clients, to be honest. Some of them are really wearing on my nerves!

So there ya have it. 32 weeks pregnant...just flying right by!

No comments:

Post a Comment