I hate pumping. I am still very much in the "must pump or feed baby every 3-4 hours" stage or my boobs will be on the verge of exploding. Truth. There's a sign on the bathroom mirror at work that says there's a lactation room on campus and who to contact. I go down to Health Services and they walked me up to the lactation room. Check out these digs!

It's a private room with badge access only. It's a nice setup. There's an empty, clean fridge for storing milk. There's a microwave, sink including dish soap to clean pump parts, hot water, and a ice/water machine. There's two super comfy chairs with a large divider in the middle. It's nice! I used it twice yesterday and was the only one in there both times. It's very relaxing and quiet as well. It sure beats pumping in a closet or a bathroom as some women have to do. Yuck.
Both girls had a good report for their first day. Brynlee walked in to daycare and when she saw Ms. B (her favorite former teacher who is now the infant room teacher), she shouted, "WE'RE BACK!" LOL. She said she didn't get in trouble and her teacher said she had a great day. Makenna did what all infants do: eat, poop, play, and sleep. She did have a poop explosion though. Ms. B said she wasn't fussy and only cried when she was getting her diaper changed. That girl HATES having her diaper changed.
I didn't get tired until I got home. As soon as I got home, the baby was hungry. I had to get Brynlee a snack because I knew I wasn't going to be starting on dinner any time soon and honestly didn't want to hear her ask for snacks every 5 seconds. I started a load of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and started dinner while also juggling the baby. We're working on eating healthy as both Joey and I want to lose weight. We had baked lemon tilapia, green beans, blue cheese asparagus, and a little brown rice. I am not a big fish fan, but I do like basa which is a very non-fishy fish. I figured I'd try tilapia as Joey said it's also a non-fishy fish. Nope, I took a few bites and didn't really like it.
Both girls had a good report for their first day. Brynlee walked in to daycare and when she saw Ms. B (her favorite former teacher who is now the infant room teacher), she shouted, "WE'RE BACK!" LOL. She said she didn't get in trouble and her teacher said she had a great day. Makenna did what all infants do: eat, poop, play, and sleep. She did have a poop explosion though. Ms. B said she wasn't fussy and only cried when she was getting her diaper changed. That girl HATES having her diaper changed.
I didn't get tired until I got home. As soon as I got home, the baby was hungry. I had to get Brynlee a snack because I knew I wasn't going to be starting on dinner any time soon and honestly didn't want to hear her ask for snacks every 5 seconds. I started a load of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and started dinner while also juggling the baby. We're working on eating healthy as both Joey and I want to lose weight. We had baked lemon tilapia, green beans, blue cheese asparagus, and a little brown rice. I am not a big fish fan, but I do like basa which is a very non-fishy fish. I figured I'd try tilapia as Joey said it's also a non-fishy fish. Nope, I took a few bites and didn't really like it.

Brynlee doesn't like asparagus. I've never met a kid who does. But she ate all of her fish, green beans, and rice. Then she asked for more so she ate the rest of my fish and more green beans. That kid loves green beans. I am glad she likes fish. It's better than her eating mac and cheese or peanut butter and jelly.
After dinner, I really started dragging. I went to take a shower while Joey loaded the dinner dishes. Then I gave the girls a bath. I wanted to just pass out, but I still had so much to do. I nursed the baby and she fell asleep. As soon as I put her down, she woke up. Go figure. So I carried her around while I put the laundry in the dryer and got everything ready for the next day: getting my pump parts washed and the bag loaded, prepping tonight's dinner, getting Makenna's bottles and milk ready, laying out the girls' clothes. Exhaustion. I went to bed at 9:30pm. I am pretty sure I fell asleep quickly.
Luckily, Makenna slept better last night. She barely woke up around 1am, looking for food. She ate quickly and we both were back asleep. She woke up again right before 5:30am and ate again. I got up at 6am and here I am...another day at work.
Better go pump. And because babies are cute...
After dinner, I really started dragging. I went to take a shower while Joey loaded the dinner dishes. Then I gave the girls a bath. I wanted to just pass out, but I still had so much to do. I nursed the baby and she fell asleep. As soon as I put her down, she woke up. Go figure. So I carried her around while I put the laundry in the dryer and got everything ready for the next day: getting my pump parts washed and the bag loaded, prepping tonight's dinner, getting Makenna's bottles and milk ready, laying out the girls' clothes. Exhaustion. I went to bed at 9:30pm. I am pretty sure I fell asleep quickly.
Luckily, Makenna slept better last night. She barely woke up around 1am, looking for food. She ate quickly and we both were back asleep. She woke up again right before 5:30am and ate again. I got up at 6am and here I am...another day at work.
Better go pump. And because babies are cute...

No comments:
Post a Comment