This is me. Well actually, it is Kim Kardashian, but I feel the same way. With less money and nobody to cook, clean, nanny, no personal trainer, pump my butt full of injections, and do my hair and makeup for me. So I guess I am not similar to Kimmy after all.
It's more like: Me trying to juggle being a Mom, read to my kids because this is the most important need they have apparently, go on their field trips, do fun crap with them, stop yelling and maintain a peaceful home environment so that they do not become serial killers, keep my kids healthy, go to the bathroom without an audience, work full-time because I got bills, take two courses a semester (four this summer!) to further my education and career opportunities, be "involved" at work, volunteer, pay da bills, save three months salary, have no debt, cook healthy meals, keep a clean house, get 10,000 steps a day, drink 80 oz of water, stop being fat, exercise, get enough sleep, maintain a couple of friendships, and still have time to be a good wife who is desired by my husband so that we don't get divorced when our wonderful kids fly the coop.
I am doing great at all of that. In my head. Well, not even there actually. In my head, I am probably doing worse than I really am in real life. I just get overwhelmed frequently. I try to have everything the way I feel it should be and it's not always realistic. I am back to work today after a nice week off and a two week break from schoolwork. I enjoyed a great vacation in Arkansas with my hubby and kids. It was peaceful, gorgeous weather, and nice to get away. We even did all of the laundry and emptied the suitcases. Now it is back to life.
My 2nd course of the spring semester begins today. The "syllabus" (really it's just a mini summary of the assignments due) is overwhelming me. We have four assignments due every week and two bigger assignments due at the end of the semester. It's only an 8 week course so it is a lot of work in a short time frame. I am used to having 1-2 assignments (papers) due every week in the other three courses that I have completed. I did well in all of those and they were a lot of work. This class seems like even MORE work. I will do my best, of course, but I am already overwhelmed and we do not even have the first assignment or reading material yet. Work is starting to get busier with registration for summer and students freaking out about financial aid for the upcoming year. Plus, my job duties have changed so I am about to have to drive to Stephenville more often for various training. The spring is busy for us with dance because it is competition season. So, we spend Wednesday-Friday at dance then we are either at practice, rehearsal, or competitions on Saturdays/Sundays through the first weekend of May. That takes a lot of time away from my assignments.
I have been part of a "Mommy group" since I was pregnant with Brynlee so I know that my feelings are not unique, as a lot of them struggle with the same type of balance. It helps to have them to lean on when I am stressed, pissed off, or just need some laughs. But I think, as women, we will always feel that nobody truly relates to your individual situation.


No comments:
Post a Comment