Friday, January 27, 2012

You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.

My Brynlee is 6 months old today. SIX MONTHS OLD. She is half way to a year old already. I just can't believe it. As much as I miss her being a tiny little baby (okay she was never really all that little), I am greatly enjoying this stage of her development. I am not sure of her weight and height yet, but her 6 month check up (with shots) is next Wednesday, February 1st. I am guessing she is around 18 lbs. She is still wearing some 3-6 month clothes, some 6 month, and anything over that is too big. Some of her jeans are still 0-3 month, but I am guessing they will be too short soon. Her eyes are just as blue as they were when she was born, but her hair has lightened a little. She still has a head full of dark hair though!

She is funny, she is sweet, she is so curious, and she gets so excited about simple things. She "talks" all day and she can't stop smiling (with her mouth open) every time the cat walks by. She gets dizzy watching Roscoe and Roxie run around the yard. It's hard to change her diaper because she is more interested in twisting her body around to play with the wipes case. She likes to eat her feet and she still farts like a man (just not as often as one). She is not a big fan of being in her car seat, but always falls asleep on trips to Dallas. Every where we go, people notice her crazy hair, big blue eyes, and a beautiful lips. (She get 'em from her Mama.)

She sits up on her own and is really good at it. She tumbles sometimes, but it's mainly when she is twisting around or reaching for a toy. She can sit in the shopping cart at the grocery store and in high chairs at restaurants! She rolls over and has been doing that for months. She scoots and tries to crawl. She eats oatmeal with breakfast, carrots with lunch, and apple cereal with dinner. We are going to start her on a new veggie this weekend. She's teething and drools like a fat man drools over cake. The only time she is a real "pain" is when she is IN pain. :( We use teething tablets and Tylenol when we need to.

She loves kisses (especially on her neck), fart noises, and Dora the Explorer. She enjoys Baby Einstein DVDs and sitting on Mommy's lap pretending to ride a pony. Her inner arms are ticklish, she pulls her hair when she eats a bottle, and she never wakes up in the same position she went to sleep in. She often ends up with her head at the opposite end of the bed, her limbs hanging out of the crib, and her blanket pushed to the corner. She has great hand eye coordination and likes her Bounce About Activity Center. She loves listening to music in the car and pulling on necklaces.

She doesn't care who holds her because she is so friendly, but she does look around to make sure Mommy and Daddy say it's okay. Once she knows we are near, she puts all of her attention on whoever is holding her. She hates socks and rarely keeps them on her feet for the entire day. She has a blast at daycare and has made friends with the other babies. She loves to cuddle with Mommy and bath time is her favorite. She splashes her feet in the tub, puts her hands in the water, and gasps when the cold body wash touches her. Brynlee loves when I read to her (even if she grabs the book) and likes my funny voices. She loves to have me play on the floor with her and she likes standing on my lap. She's not a big fan of being "thrown" in the air.

The best part is that when I pick her up from daycare, she recognizes me and her big blue eyes light up. She has started rubbing my face, grabs on to me when I hold her, and stares at me like I am the prettiest woman in the world. When I pick her up, she "tells" me about her day. She looks to me to take care of her when she is sick, cuddle her just for fun, and dress her in pretty outfits. She buries her face into my neck when she's tired and tries so hard to fight sleep.

She gets so excited when Daddy gets home from work. She starts wiggling, kicking her feet, and squeals. When he holds her, she grabs his nose, pulls his beard, and giggles when he tickles her. This little girl has turned Daddy into such a softy. As much as I'd love for Brynlee to have a little brother someday, I could see Joey being the Daddy to two beautiful little girls who adore him.

She loves me and I love her more than she'll ever know. These are the special times. (Pictures to come.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment