We have bad news in the Petrosian household. Joey just had a 4 day hospital stay. He was diagnosed as having diverticulitis. Per dictionary.com: di·ver·tic·u·li·tis [dahy-ver-tik-yuh-lahy-tis] inflammation of one or more diverticula, characterized by abdominal pain, fever, and changes in bowel movements.
So basically, his colon got infected and inflamed. He was unable to have "normal" bowel movements for about 5 weeks. He lost about 34 lbs. He was in a lot of pain. He couldn't eat much. He was scheduled for a colonoscopy and the GI doctor couldn't get the hose in more than about 12 inches. So they sent him immediately to the hospital. They did a CT scan and said the rest of his colon/intestines are fine except he has a really "bad" part of his colon that may have to be removed. Right now, he has a PICC line (Peripherally inserted central catheter). It's in his arm, through his chest, and to his heart. He has to go to the hospital for outpatient antibiotics every day for 9 days. He started on Monday, April 2nd. After the 9 days, he has to see the doctor again, get another colonoscopy, and see if he will need surgery. His GI doctor is pretty positive that he will need the surgery. Oh, have I mentioned that he doesn't have insurance? *sigh*
On to other news, we "celebrated" our 1 year wedding anniversary on March 19th. I say celebrated the way I did because we didn't do anything to celebrate. We didn't go out to eat, we didn't do presents or even cards, and we didn't do the hanky panky. Joey has been so sick that he goes to bed early and doesn't do much when he is awake. I did want to do this idea that I found on Pinterest. The idea is to take a picture of you holding a picture of you from last year. So I wanted us to take a picture of us holding our wedding photo, but we never got around to it. I am going to try to remember to do that this weekend. No one will know (except whomever reads this) that we didn't actually take it ON our anniversary.
Brynlee is 8 months old now. She is almost walking. That little girl will cruise around the house until she is just too tired to stand. She can make her way around the living room by grabbing one piece of furniture to the next. She loves her walking toys and I wouldn't be surprised if she walked in the next month or so. That little girl seems like she is always on a mission (to destroy anything in her path). If there is anything on the floor that she can pick up, she will eat it. She can't be trusted to wear hair bows. I used to be able to leave her laying on the changing table while I picked out her outfit for the day. That's a thing of the past (and has been for a while). She will try to jump off of the table! She is still going to the same daycare and seems pretty happy there.
I will post some pictures of her for you right now instead of promising to come back and post them. Enjoy!
This one was taken over Christmas by Auntie Paige so Brynlee was about 5 months old.
This one was when she started really sitting all by herself. She was about 5 1/2 months.
This little girl is a MESS. I found her like that one morning. This was taken March 18th.
Here she is just standing a playing with her toys. This was also March 18th.
Well, I had more pictures to add but they are uploading sideways for some reason. They aren't sideways in my folder so I am not sure why they're uploading sideways to the blog. Oh well. I'll be sure to start posting more often with better updates so they aren't this long and drawn out!
'Til next time,



No comments:
Post a Comment