Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A string of excitedness and miscellaneous pleasures

I am beyond excited to use my Garmin Forerunner 305 today. I bought it used from ebay, but it's barely used. The seller included all of the original packaging and all of the original accessories. It was even charged when I got it. You know I had to "play" with it as soon as I saw it on my porch yesterday! :) It's actually meant to be used as an outdoor sports watch for running or biking. It tracks pace, distance, time, calories, and heart rate. It's a training watch to compare workouts. It's also neat because you can map and save workouts. So if I run through the neighborhood, I can create laps when I hit a certain distance. Then it will beep at that mark the next time I go that route. Then I don't have to keep track of when to turn around or how far I am going, etc. The Garmin will do that for me. :)

I go to the gym a few times a week and use the treadmill and stationary bike. In order to use the Garmin indoors, you need to buy the foot pod. I was thinking it was some strange, huge contraption that would look weird if I used it at the gym, but it's actually really small. It fits on your shoe or shoelaces. So after some research, I bought the foot pod last night on ebay for a really good price. There's also a bike mount to use when biking, but I don't ever use my bike. I figure if I do start using it, then I can always purchase the bike piece later. So now I will be able to use the Garmin indoors or out. That makes me happy! I am not sure if I will be able to use it to do work out DVDs or not since I am not going any distance.

I sold my Polarft. I am glad it sold so fast, but I already miss it because it's a regular watch, too. I am so used to wearing it every day. Plus it was pink and cute! The Garmin isn't meant to be used as a regular watch. (It has to be charged and such.) So looks like I need to buy me a cheapo watch so I can have one to wear daily! Plus, I need to wear something on my left wrist to cover up my tattoo since I work in a school. Most people don't see my tattoo since I don't wave my hands in the air very often, lol. (Check out those blood veins. Nurses love me!)

I lost 2.4 lbs this week! My weight was fluctuating between 184.4 and 185.8 for a while now. I really think it's because I was trying SO hard to only eat 1200 calories a day plus working out a few days a week. Then of course, I'd slack here and there and that didn't help. After some research, I realized that 1200 is just too low for me. I upped my calorie goal to 1430 a week. It looks like it seems to be working. So I am going to keep my goal at 1430 for a little while. I'll adjust it when I need to.

Since Joey can't eat much, it's hard for me to plan our dinners. I did buy a bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins at United yesterday. For 3 tenderloins, it's 100 calories! We normally buy the boneless, skinless chicken breasts from Wal-Mart and each one is about 120 calories. So I am just going to start getting the tenderloins from now on. They are good sized pieces. I only laid out 1 piece for each of us for dinner tonight. Joey can't eat fruits or vegetables right now. So if I have a salad or veggies, he has to have something else. If I make my favorite brown rice with rotel, he can't have the rotel. This is going to be hard! I bought a Crockpot recipe book from our school librarian. It has so many ideas in it that I can't wait to try. I just have to adjust them to make sure it's things Joey can eat!

Do you plan your meals ahead? Where do you get your ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss this week! That is awesome!

    I really want to get a Garmin as well, but I just can't justify the price. Did you look for a while on Ebay before you found one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Yes, it took me a while to find one. I checked ebay for a few weeks and kept deciding not to get one. Then I saw one for a really, really good price and decided to go for it. Since I also sold my PolarFt, I didn't really spend much for the Garmin. I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your tattoo.

    ReplyDelete