Here we go again...
*Sigh* Joey is back in the hospital. Saturday night, he was having massive pain in his stomach and colon. He was in so much pain that he was incredibly nauseous. He was sweating bullets. He was pacing back and forth yet could hardly move. We left Nana's and went home. He practically didn't leave the restroom. He couldn't take any pain medicine because he felt too sick to his stomach to take any. I told him we needed to go to the ER. His sister came and got him while I got the baby ready to take back to Nana's to stay with his Aunt Terry and the kiddos. I left the house at the same time as him and his sister. As soon as I got to the ER, he was being taken back to a room. His blood pressure was 165/125!! So that shows you how much pain he was in because his BP is never high like that. So we were in the ER from about 9:15pm-1am. Then they admitted him to the hospital and he's still there today.
Right now, they are just giving him pain medicine and antibiotics because he has an infection. They're also trying to get the inflammation of his colon down. If they do need to operate, they can't do it with his colon inflamed. He's going to have to be REALLY strict on what he eats while his colon is healing. Then after it's healed (or removed) then he will have to continue to watch everything he eats. It's going to be a struggle, but we can't continue to have him hospitalized. It sure does take a toll on him, me, and our finances. I am hoping that we will receive some time of aid or charity services from the hospital since he has no insurance.
Right now, we're just hoping it's just diverticulitis and not Crohn's Disease or something worse. The doctors are "shocked" that he has this anyway because he's only 28. Diverticulitis is considered a disease of age or an elderly person's disease.
I came home tonight after taking Brynlee to visit Daddy. It's weird to come home to a quiet house and not really know what to do. I have slept alone 6 nights in the last 2.5 weeks. I hate Joey's snoring, but I miss his warm extremely hot body next to mine. I bathed, changed, fed, and put Brynlee to bed. Then I had to clean the kitchen, make my breakfast and lunch, and then I just sat on the couch for 5 minutes. I didn't watch TV, I didn't get on my phone, or anything. I just...sat. When I went to take a shower, I just broke down. I hate not knowing what's going on. I am naturally an overstressed person (obviously) and having my husband in the hospital is taking a toll on me. (Yes, I know it's taking a toll on him, that's a given.) I just wish we had answers or something.
Please keep The Petrosians in your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it.
I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. That is really scary and it's horrible to be left wondering what's going on. I hope your hubby gets better without any extreme surgeries and such.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's definitely been a struggle.
Delete