Monday, April 16, 2012

New Kicks!

I picked up some new kicks yesterday at Academy. I checked out the WF Runner's Club FB Page and it said that Jerry's Sporting Goods was the best place in town to get running shoes. A few different people said they have the best selection and best prices. So I went to Jerry's on Saturday with Joey's Mom and Aunt Lee. Um. Best selection? Yeah right. They had only a few shoes to choose from. Then when I saw ONE pair that I sorta kinda liked, they didn't have my size or a size even close to my size. I typically wear an 8.5 in shoes, but get a 9 in tennis shoes. I asked for a 9 and the guy said, "We have a 10." Well, um. That won't work for me buddy. Best prices? Yeah right. Definitely not the best prices. Maybe the Runner's Club people meant "best prices" because you get a discount if you're in the Runner's Club.

So I spent most of Saturday at the hospital with Joey. It really started putting me in a funk. The room is the tiniest on the floor. We're in the Bethania building so it's the old, crappy building. It smells funky. There's not much noise so it's way too quiet in there. Joey needed to rest so we had the lights out and didn't have the TV on for the majority of the time that I was there. Joey knows I NEED new tennis shoes (horrible shin splints and the shoe inserts I got made my shoes way too small) so he told me to go get my errands done and go get me some tennis shoes. I hate leaving him sitting there all by himself, but he needs the rest anyway. So I did our Wal-Mart shopping, bought dog food, and headed to Academy. I love going in there. It's so...athletic. I wish I had tons of money to spend in there. Oh, and I need a better body. But I'm working on it! =P

I knew I couldn't get a super expensive pair of shoes. I had a budget to stick to! I found a Nike pair that I really liked, but they didn't have a 9. So I kept looking. I found a pair that I like for a good price.
I forgot to take a picture of them before I wore them so I took a picture while I was washing dishes. I like them! I bought a Neoprene shin guard/brace, too. I was reading a Runner's blog and the girl said she bought new shoes and a shin guard and her shin splints are gone. So I am hoping I will have the same results!

I also found a Garmin Forerunner 305 for a REALLY, REALLY good price. So I invested in it. I am going to sell my PolarFt 4 so I really didn't end up paying much for the Garmin. I've been wanting one ever since I started following Katie. I can't wait for it to get here and I hope that I can sell the PolarFt pretty fast. I like the watch, but it really only tracks calories. I want something that keeps up with my pace, distance, heart rate, etc. The Polarft does do my heart rate, but I can't look down at the watch and see it. It just gives me my avergage and max heart rate at the end of my work out.

I am SO excited to get back into the gym today. I greatly enjoy going to Planet Fitness. I go right after work, it's not very busy, and I can de-stress. I really enjoy that 1 hour every day. Lord knows I need it! I am thinking of doing the 30 Day Shred again. I really like it. I have to mute Jillian though because she pisses me off. We definitely have a Love/Hate relationship.

What's your favorite way to de-stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment