I have a hard time wanting to cook on the weekends if I cook all week long. I think it wouldn't be so bad if Joey would share some of the cooking responsibilities. I have to plan the meals, get the ingredients and then cook the meals. Joey can be pretty good about cleaning up the kitchen afterward though. I wouldn't have anything to complain about if I was a stay at home Mom, but I'm not. I'm a full time Mom, Wife, and employee. I am trying so hard to take care of myself, too. So I go work out after work. Before, I would have plenty of time to cut veggies and cook yummy meals. Now, I get home right before Joey does. The meal planning process is even harder now because we're both trying to eat healthy, but with Joey's health issues he can't eat the normal definition of healthy. He still has to avoid anything high fiber and can't have fruits or vegetables. If a recipe calls for tomatoes, I either have to leave them out or de-seed them before using them. Asparagus as a side? Nope, Joey can't have it. Fajita Chicken Salad? Um, only if you hold the salad.
See, it gets stressful. Somedays I just stare in the refridgerator or pantry at all of our healthy food, but have no idea what to make. I like using the crockpot so I bought a new crockpot recipe book. I was flipping through it to find food ideas so we could buy the ingredients. I chose zero recipes to make this week. Most meal ideas were either very healthy or not very healthy.
*Sigh* I need a chef like on The Real Housewives. Except I don't need them to make special food for my animals.
Do you have a hard time with your eating on the weekends?

That's hilarious that you mentioned the chef on the Real Housewives cooking for their animals! Real Housewives is my guilty tv watching pleasure (it's so stupid though).
ReplyDeleteI completely agree about needing a personal chef. I hate trying to think of what to cook after working all day.