Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No more slacking!

My 2 mile run this evening kicked my ass...hard. I knew I would struggle because I haven't ran since Friday. I had every intention to run on Saturday morning at 9am. I told Joey. I got up at 8am with Brynlee and he stayed in bed. It was almost 10am and he (still in bed) said, "Are you going to go for a run?" Um, I figured he would get up. Anyway, it's my own fault for not going. We spent the day out and about, but I could have gone when we got home. Instead, I rented a movie and watched it while lounging on the couch. Then Sunday I didn't even want to go to the grocery store or get out of my lounge clothes muchless go run in the heat! So today my body paid for it. I planned to do 3 miles, but I just couldn't make it. I felt like I was dying!

My time sucked. I did 2.03 miles in 31 minutes. WHAT! 31:00. Yeah. My right leg felt like cement, my breathing was off, and my butt hurt so bad. Well, ya live and learn, right? So now I know that I FOR SURE cannot go 3 days without working out! Lazy me. I have plans to be out of town on Saturday for a Mother Daughter tea thing at Joey's Aunt's church so I may or may not have time to work out that day so I need to make sure I get my work out in on another day. No slacking!

On a good note, I didn't go run until 7:30 tonight and it felt very nice outside. MUCH better than running at 3:30pm! On ANOTHER good note, my Bondi Bands rock. I haven't used the armband yet. I went without music, but the headband stayed on. No sweat in my eyes, no hair in my eyes, and no headband slippage. Bondi Band--winner! I will definitely order more in different colors and more sayings. Plus, they're pretty cute. :)

I was super grumpy today and in a major funk. Even though I sucked it up on my run, it did make me feel better to get out and be active. Now if only it wasn't 9pm and I still have to wash dishes, put away dinner leftovers, make my lunch, fold Brynlee's laundry, pack my gym bag for tomorrow, and take a shower. :/ I have a feeling that some of those things will not get done tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment