I follow Katie at Runs For Cookies and she is in love with her Garmin Forerunner 305. I have a Polarft4, but since I want to run a 5k race this year, I'd like something to help me track my pace, etc while also tracking calories. I do love my Polarft and looking down to see the calories burned increase is a great motivator, but I really want a Forerunner! So...I found one on eBay and put a bid in. I've been the highest bidder for the last 3.5 hours, but someone always swoops in at the last second, usually while I'm showering, and out bids me. It has 35 minutes left. Ugh! I just checked and this idiot keeps out bidding me. I'm about to just have to give up because the price + shipping is just getting too high for me. :( if I do buy a Garmin, I plan to sell my Polarft. I use it a lot, but I just got it in February, there's no wear and tear, and I have everything it came with.
**I was sitting there monitoring the bid for the last 35 minutes and someone came in and bid really high in the last 5 seconds.** Maybe it's a sign that I really should wait to get a Garmin. They are expensive, but I know it'd really help me to train for a 5k!
I had one of my favorite dinners tonight. 2/3 c Brown rice, shredded chicken breast, and 1 can of rotel tomatoes. I cook rotel in olive oil in a skillet. I let it get a little crispy. It's delicious and I'm so full. I used canned chicken breast tonight because I didn't feel like cooking a piece of chicken. Joey isn't eating much right now so I didn't cook for him. I'm going to cook some chicken over night in the crockpot so I can bring some for lunch tomorrow with my leftover rice. I'm one of those people who finds a meal I love and eats it often. It's a dark picture, but it's so tasty...
I keep slacking on calorie counting on MFP because I eat the same things so often. I know I should still track, but it gets so tedious. Speaking of, I need to go track when I finish this! I know lots of people who are losing weight through MFP. I don't have many people on my friend list (especially real life friends) because weightloss struggles are so...personal. I had the chance to join Joey's family's Biggest Loser contest this year, but didn't want them all knowing my weight. Ugh. I've got to overcome that! I'm still working on my blog pages and layout, but I will be adding goals I want to achieve and my weightloss journey.
I have a few other pages in the draft stage as well. I gave my blog a makeover a week or two ago and it has been quite the process to get it all up and running. So check back as I keep updating! (Speaking of, I've never posted a new post from my iPad and I'm not a big fan!)
Make good choices tomorrow!


I just bought new shoes, and my shin splints seem to be going away. However, I have been dealing with blisters, but I read that blisters are common with new shoes, even ones that fit. (I even bought fancy running socks that the lady recommended.) When I was trying on shoes the lady at the running store told me that you should go up at least half a size over what your foot measures, to give your toes room. I went up a full size from what I normally buy, and surprisingly my shoes don't fall off and my toes do seem to appreciate the space. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWow! I've never heard of the going up a size rule, but it does make sense. I've actually never been fitted at a running store or anything. I just go in, try on shoes, and pick which ones I like. I need to do that. I just know that today I get to wear tennis shoes to work and with my inserts in them, my shoes are pretty tight. I felt for my toes and they are up at the top! New shoes is on the top of my list!
ReplyDelete