Monday, May 14, 2012

1 mile is better than none

I'm back in the saddle! I went for a run this evening. I wanted to calibrate my foot pod, but the junior high track near my house was completely closed. :/ I've ran there before (trespassing? who cares!), but today I had no way to get in. I went over to the high school track near my house, but it was full of high school athletes. NO THANKS. I do not want to be the fat old lady running around the track while they're working out. So I didn't calibrate my foot pod. I am thinking I may just have to do that over the weekend. Maybe there won't be any high school kids out there.
So instead I went out to the lake trail near my house. I enjoy the scenic view and the trail goes almost all around town. I used to bike the trail with a friend in high school, but it has changed a lot over the years. When I run out there, I normally go all the way to the last entrance and run on the sidewalk, but today I parked at the dog park and decided to run on the gravel trail. The weather was SO nice and there wasn't many people on the trail (at least not where I was). The thing that makes me mad about running on the trail is when people walk their dogs and don't pick up their poop! There were huge Great Dane sized turds all over the trail! It was fresh, too. I think I know which dog it was! I wish I would have known so that I could smart off say something to the rude owners.

Since I haven't ran in almost 3 weeks...I am so embarrassed to say that...I decided to just take it easy and do one mile. I have horrible shin splints so I did not want my leg to flare up if I pushed myself too hard. For not running in a while, I had a slow decent run. I ran it in 13:21. I cooled off, walked to my car, and then thought, "I could do another mile...". I knew I shouldn't so I didn't push myself. That's where I often mess up: pushing myself too hard too fast. So I talked myself out of talking myself into going another mile, lol. I needed to get home anyway because Joey needed to mow the lawn and was home with the baby.

Tomorrow I am going to take Brynlee to Jeanne's (Joey's step-mom) and go for a run. I asked her to watch her today so that I could run before Joey got home, but Brynlee was SO freaking fussy. So I put her down for a nap. Since I disappointed Jeanne, I said I'd bring her over tomorrow after I pick her up from daycare.

Anyway, I feel gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment