Thursday, May 16, 2013

Challenge FAIL

I haven't updated much lately because I feel like I don't have much to update about. I don't have many "followers" or readers anyway, but I still don't want to be boring!

I do have to say that the 24 Day Challenge SUCKS and other than the Spark, it was a waste of money. I am glad that I did not pay full price for it. Days 1-10 weren't all that bad. Yeah, the fiber drink was super gross the first few days, but it's not HORRIBLE with 8 oz of OJ. Days 11-24 are horrendous. I would be on Day 18 right now. I followed the "plan" for Days 11-13 and part of Day 14 and then said, "Screw this!" There are SO MANY pills to take. There's 15 pills to take a day, but you take them at different times. You take 5 in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast then you take 4 more with either breakfast or lunch. Then you take 4 more 30 minutes before lunch and then you take 2 with dinner. It's ridiculous. Besides, I am not one who says, "Okay, I am going to have lunch in 30 minutes..." So it was hard for me to remember the pills. I would end up having lunch at like 1:30 or later since I would forget to take the pills 30 minutes before lunch.

For breakfast during Days 11-24, you're supposed to drink the Advocare meal replacement shakes. I bought vanilla because I like vanilla. I've never had a vanilla shake (Slimfast, Special K, Atkins, etc) that I did not like...until Advocare. On Day 11, I took a drink and immediately almost threw up. It's a shake that you mix with water so I did that, but put it in the fridge so it'd be cold. Uh, bad idea. It was so thick and the flavor is disgusting. So I tried to take another sip and had to run to the sink to spit it out. So some friends suggested using a blender and adding LOTS of ice and fruit. So on Day 12, I did that plus I added chocolate whey protein. Even with all of the strawberries and chocolate added, I still could not get through the nasty vanilla taste or the texture. It even smelled gross. So I ended up trashing that shake, too. I didn't even attempt to mix the shake on Days 13 or 14. Instead, I bought Special K shakes...which I like...and have been having those for breakfast.

I have not weighed myself and don't plan to until next week. I haven't checked my measurements since Day 1 so I am not sure if I have lost any inches or not. I do like the Spark and Joey and I purchased some. I wish that all of the people I asked about the Challenge would have told me how many pills there are and how often you take them. Not a single person mentioned that. So I am being honest here and telling you that if you're not a big fan of taking pills (especially that many) then you probably won't like the challenge max phase. I am still almost completely following the plan, minus the pills and shakes. I am still eating healthy for breakfast and lunch. I have been making healthy dinners, but I have been eating the rice or potatoes when I shouldn't be. But yeah, so I am not going to be one of those people who says they lost 25 lbs in 24 days.

I have been making some DELICIOUS dinners. I like to try new recipes, but I always assume that my recipe doesn't taste anything like it is supposed to, lol. Last night, I made Caribbean Jerk Pork in the crockpot. I served it with rice. It was delicious. Everyone said it was really good, but it was a lot of work. Tuesday night, I made Chicken Verde and also served that with rice. It was a super easy recipe. Both are from Skinnytaste.com.

The weather is nice and breezy here since we had major storms and tornadoes last night. That was pretty scary. It's pretty gloomy outside, but I think that is the perfect running weather. I love it to be breezy instead of scorching hot outside. I could load Brynlee in the jogging stroller, but I really just want to go run by myself. It is stress release for me. It is fun. I don't have to worry about anyone except for myself. That is nice. I am a Mom 24/7. It is nice to take a step away and just do something for me. The only problem with that is I never want to run after dinner. Well, I WANT to, but don't. I need to make time for myself every day, but it is hard. Joey has said that I get a "break every day all day". I guess he thinks I just have fun all day long since I still don't have a job.

Anyway, I don't have much else to update on so I am about to get ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment