I read that the first 3 days are the hardest because your body is so used to having more (bad) carbs. Day 1 was easy, but I was SO drained yesterday. My Spark helped me in the morning, but I was exhausted by 1pm. I did get up and go for a work out around 10am, but it was rough. I took Brynlee to the hospital down the highway from us so that we could have a change of scenery. They have a very nice path to use. There were a few people on the path running and walking. The path is a little bit over 1 mile so I planned to do it 3 times. Once we got almost back to the beginning, Brynlee saw the (crappy) play area. She started acting crazy and wanting to go play there. She was trying to get out of the stroller, hollering, and kept saying, "Mommy!!! SLIIIIIDE!!!" I had already planned to take her to the park after we worked out, but she would not/could not wait. So I put her in the car and we went to the other park. I was so mad that we only did 1 mile. I decided to "trick" her and park away from the playground. Then I got the jogging stroller back out, loaded her up, and off we went. I got another mile in and then we played at the playground. She was happy after that. The view is so pretty at this park.
My sis-in-law, Brynlee, and I went to Sweet Tomatoes (salad bar place) for lunch yesterday and it was delicious. I had a huge salad. By the time we got home, it was about 2pm. I put Brynlee down for a nap around 3pm. After cuddling with her in the bed, I felt even more tired. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap! She slept for over 3 hours so I guess the park wore her out. I woke up from the nap and still felt drained. I felt so exhausted. It was kind of like I had been awake crying all night. That exhausts a person! I had absolutely no energy.
Day 3 of the challenge has been better than yesterday. The fiber drink was a tad better yesterday and today it didn't bother me at all. BUT that does not mean that I am excited to keep drinking it, lol. I am happy to get a 4 day break from that crap. I did wake up feeling extremely exhausted again though. Once I drank my Spark, I did feel better. I spent the morning searching for healthy, Challenge friendly recipes to make for dinner that will also keep the other 3 adults in this house happy. I am making Baked Chicken Parmesan from Skinnytaste for dinner tonight. I've made this before for me and Joey so I hope Kyle and Paige like it. I am not going to have pasta or garlic bread, but a big ole side of steamed broccoli (which I LOVE). I am going to make a few other recipes from Skinnytaste as well. I am making these Garlic Lime Pork Chops, but I have to skip the cilantro lime rice because my brother doesn't like cilantro. :( I am going to make this Salsa Verde Chicken with lettuce wraps for me and rice for everyone else. I have also made this Chicken Ropa Vieja and added it to the list for next week. I think I am going to make these Broccoli and cheese twice baked potatoes for everyone (except myself). I think they will be good. I like to cook, but am always worried that other people won't like it or that I won't do it right.
I took Brynlee grocery shopping today for everything we need. I got a TON of fruits and veggies and only spent $177. I really thought the bill was going to be outrageous, but that's not bad. That's with all of the meat, diapers, waters, canned goods, milk, breads, etc. My basket was very full! I hate having to unload the car and then put all of the groceries away by myself though. Luckily, Brynlee fell asleep in the car on the way home and stayed asleep when I put her to bed.
| Look at all of that good food! |
Just for fun, here's a picture of Brynlee for you...
Hahaha! She is not so cute as a Zombie! Chill people, it's just an app called Dead Yourself. We are big Walking Dead fans around here. :)
Are you having a good day?

No comments:
Post a Comment