I skipped Day 10 of the Challenge yesterday. Let me back up and tell you why...
Joey came home on Tuesday around 7pm and said he was in a lot of pain in his man business area. He could barely walk, didn't want to eat dinner, and went to bed as soon as he got home. He woke up later that evening, maybe around 10pm or so, and said he still didn't feel very well. The last time this happened was when Brynlee accidentally kicked him in the balls. But this time is much worse. He went back to bed and woke me up at 2am demanding Ibuprofen. We didn't have any, but I had Hydrocodone left over from getting my wisdom teeth removed (I am not a very good strong pill taker). So he took one of those and tried to go back to bed. He woke me up 15 minutes later, sweating, and in tons of pain. He said he needed to go to the ER. So off we went. We were there until 6am. He had an ultrasound and turns out he has epididymitis. It's where the epididymitis (in his scrotum) has an infection. There's lots of fluid and two cysts. So they gave him antibiotics and pain medicine. They told him to take this week off from work and rest. So he spent all day yesterday in bed and I am sure he will be in bed all day today and tomorrow. No disc golf, no excessive walking (not that he can anyway), and must take it easy. He doesn't want to/feel like eating either. I guess we can't go to the zoo or Six Flags for Mother's Day, haha! So we got home at 6am and I went back to bed. I had a hard time falling asleep. Brynlee woke up at 7:15am. So I got less than an hour of sleep. She took a nap at 2pm so I took a nap, too.
I just DID NOT feel like dealing with everything that goes along with the challenge. I did not want to take the meals and Spark then wait 30 minutes and have the fiber drink then wait another 30 minutes and have breakfast (with more pills). I just didn't feel like it. I didn't feel like doing anything. I did have to go to Wal-Mart to get Joey's prescriptions ($111 later). So I ended up getting CRAP that 1.) I never get and 2.) Definitely can't have on the challenge. I got POWDERED DONUTS! What the...
Then of course Brynlee always wants pizza so I got a Wal-Mart pizza for us. What is wrong with me?? Just because I was not taking all over the challenge "stuff" doesn't mean I need to go crazy. But crazy, I went.
I've been drinking water all day every day minus the night of my birthday when I had sweet tea with dinner. But yesterday? Two diet cokes. I normally don't even buy diet coke or keep it in the house, but my SIL had some so I helped myself. I didn't go crazy for dinner though. I made Skinnytaste Chicken Ropa Vieja and I had one helping with a single serving of brown rice. So I didn't go crazy, but guess what I had for desert? POWDERED DONUTS. Sigh. So I am on Day 10 of The Challenge today now. I will not be surprised if I only lose 2 lbs during this entire 24 Day Challenge. But I do feel that it is getting me back on track. Moving on...
I am about to get ready to head to Bowie (my hometown) today. I wish it was for a good reason, but it's not. We lost a good friend last week so I am going "home" for his funeral. He died in a tragic accident and has left behind so many people who love and care for him. He left behind parents, siblings, a fiancé, and numerous friends. This guy was the type of guy who could make you laugh no matter what kind of mood you were in. He was loved by so many people. I have so many good memories with him and about him. I have tons of pictures of him and with him, but they are all in a box in storage. Tyrell Howard was a great guy. To know him, you loved him.
Have a great day, friends. Hug the ones you love!

No comments:
Post a Comment