Thursday, April 7, 2011

So you're MRS. Watts now, right?

My students just can't get used to the idea of calling me anything else other than Ms. Watts. It's funny actually. One of my 8th graders said, "So you are MRS. Watts now, right?" I told him, "No. I am now Mrs. Petrosian." He said, "Well, can I just call you MRS. Watts?" *giggle* I am not really making them call me by Petrosian yet. It's definitely going to have to be a new school year kind of thing, but I am trying to warm the 6th and 7th graders up to the idea so they call me my new name next year!

Some days I feel like this pregnancy is going by so s.l.o.w and then other days I feel like she will be here any minute. I will be 24 weeks next week which means I will be starting my 6th month! What the heck?! When I say it like that is when I think this pregnancy is going by fast. I can't believe that it's almost time for me to go to my OB every 2 weeks. As I mentioned in a previous post, I go to the doctor at 26 weeks for a regular monthly appointment and then again at 28 weeks for an ultrasound to check my placenta. Then I start going every 2 weeks.

Of course, I am already wanting to be done with being pregnant even though we are nowhere near being ready for her arrival. *sigh* I know it will only get worse as I get more uncomfortable in the Texas heat, but I am having one hell of a time trying to sleep. If I roll over and forget to put the pillow between my legs, my hips ache and ache and ache. If I move too quickly, I get the worst round ligament pains near my hips. Last night was by far the very worst. I went to roll to the other side because my arm was asleep. I had awful shooting pains from right hip all the way across my pelvic area all the way to my left hip. I couldn't figure out if I was going to throw up or scream out in pain. I have horrible, horrible migraines and trust me-pregnancy migraines are 10,000x worse than regular migraines (and I get plenty of those). I'm not trying to be a constant complainer (and I think I've done a pretty good job at enjoying the pregnancy), but the heat is NOT helping. It has been SO hot here lately. It's just going to get worse as summer gets here and the weather gets over 100 degrees. Oh let's not forget how often I get up to use the restroom....

Okay, on to positive updates. I got my personalized diaper bag in the mail today. I ordered it from eBay and only spent $34 with shipping and tax. I chose the color of the bag, the color of the stitching, the font for her name, and the heart design. The hearts look white and pink, but they are actually dark pink and light pink:


It's big, too! It has tons of pockets. It has 2 large snap pockets on the front, 1 Velcro pocket on each side, and a large pocket with a matching changing pad on the back. The inside has a large pocket, 2 medium pockets, and a large zipper pocket for mommy's keys, wallet, etc. It also has an adjustable strap and comes with 2 medium straps in case I want to clip it to the stroller or basket at the store. It also has a place to clip pacifiers. :) I am totally happy with the purchase and was stoked to finally get it in the mail!

Joey's step-mom, Jeanne, found us this cute little snow suit/coat at Wal-Mart. The inside is lime green and there's a cute little flower design on the left side of it. It comes complete with little covered feet, mittens, and a hood. "Awww":



That's our crib in the background. We don't have the bedding yet (I can't wait to get it). So the crib just has the mattress and a bassinet full of clothes in it right now. But isn't that just the cutest little suit?? =)




No comments:

Post a Comment