Thursday, April 14, 2011

"You don't look fat, but you do look pregnant...."

...Yep that is what one of my students told me. She said, "Hello brat" and I thought she called me fat. When I asked her to repeat what she said, she did, then asked me what I thought she said. I told her that I thought she called me FAT.
Her: "No, you don't look fat, but you do look pregnant..."
Me: "Well, good then."
Her: *weird look* "What?? You want to look pregnant????!"
Me: "Well, I am pregnant. So yeah, that'd be a good thing to look pregnant."
Her: "OH MY GOD, MS. WATTS! YOU'RE PREGNANT?? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME??"
So yeah, she basically complimented me (you don't look fat) and insulted me (you look pregnant, oh wait, you are pregnant??) all in a few minutes! *rolls eyes* Kids are a mess.

Oh yes, I am 24 weeks pregnant now so only 16 more to go. I sure am hoping that I only have 14-15 more to go though! *crosses fingers* Time for a Happy Dance!

Every book I read or person I speak to has a different viewpoint on the months of pregnancy. Weeks never seem to be an issue, but a person without kids always asks, "24 weeks? Okay, how many months is that?" Plus, I like knowing how many months I am. So pregnancy is calculated as 40 weeks.  40/4=10, but not every month has 4 equal weeks. Some people also calculate their months by how many weeks gestation (since pregnancy is calculated from your last menstrual cycle and not from when you actually conceive the baby). Regardless, I am 24 weeks and 24 weeks=6 months in my eyes. So yay for starting my 6th month of pregnancy! The fruit of the week still hasn't changed (it's the same from 22-25 weeks) so I have no new fruit to taste. :( I am still a papaya. Boo! 

I am excited because we are going to a "Just Between Friends" consignment sale that comes to WF twice a year in the Spring and Fall. Tonight is the pre-sale for First Time Moms, Teachers, and Military. They open it to the public tomorrow-Sunday. I am pretty stoked because they are supposed to have furniture, maternity clothes, baby and toddler clothes, and baby toys. It's in a huge location. Don't worry, I am not bringing a lot of money with me, LOL.

I don't have a lot to update on. This baby kicks me every day all day. I know she is supposed to sleep 12-14 hours a day, but I don't think she does. Unless she kicks and pokes in her sleep! My mom said I was her best baby because I slept all the time and she could always put me down for a nap or to bed at night. I am hoping that I have a baby like that, but I am hoping that I don't have the type of labor my mom had with me. She was in labor for 39 hours. If that happens, I will not be having another one. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment