Thursday, May 22, 2014

Littering

There are a lot of things I hate. You know the usual sucky things like child abuse and neglect, sex offenders, stepping in poop, etc. But I hate littering! I hate to see people throw shit out of their windows. I hate to see people open a wrapper, a package, whatever and just throw the trash on the ground. People are lazy and lazy pisses me off, too.

I work at a community college and as I was leaving after a long day of dealing with crap, I see this...


Some idiot must have thought he was being SO FUNNY to put his slurpee cup on the ground beside the trash can. First of all, not funny. Stupid actually. Secondly, how lazy! That means that someone else (me) had to pick up that cup and throw it away. I couldn't just let it sit there.

I also hate going to the local parks because there's trash everywhere. I understand that trash gets blown in the wind and things like that. Last year, most of our local parks were PACKED on the weekend for Memorial Day BBQs. We went to one of the the parks on Memorial Day and it was disgusting. Trash and food were everywhere from the weekend festivities. Plates, hot dogs, sausage, cups, candy, balloons, firecrackers, everything. The city does a great job of cleaning up, but their job wouldn't be so difficult if people weren't so disgusting and lazy. There's trash cans all throughout the parks yet people will just toss their stuff everywhere. If I plan to have a celebration at a park, I bring my own trash bags so that the trash cans at the park don't overflow. You would think other people would do the same thing.

Cigarettes. I hate them in general, but I hate when people toss them out the window and throw them on the ground. They are ugly and they are gross. I do not want my child picking up someone's used cigarettes! Our pups (mostly the little one) keeps getting under our deck and dragging out stuff from under there. I kept wondering why I kept seeing Coors Light cans in our backyard. I talked to Joey about it and he said that the guy who owned the house before us drank Coors Light (he was drinking it every time we met him) and he must have been throwing the cans under the deck. There's also tons of beer bottle caps under there! Who does that?? We have a trash can on the deck so when we have people over, we can throw our trash in the trash can instead of...under the deck.

If you do any of these things, STOP IT! 
Take pride in your environment! Be respectful of our land and stop making it ugly. When I see people litter, I rarely keep my mouth shut even if I am just mouthing them from my car because they are too far away to hear me. I'm like a yapping Chihuahua.



No comments:

Post a Comment