Friday, May 9, 2014

"Time does not pass, it continues." -Marty Rubin

Wow! 2014 is flying by. I have not posted in so long. I wish I could say it's because we've been gallivanting around the world taking vacation after vacation, but I am way too boring (and poor) for that.

Work has been going well. I really like the (college) students I work with as well as (most of) my co-workers. There's a lot of changes and expansions happening to my department so work has definitely kept me busy. My boss asked me to be in charge of coordinating our curriculum/workshops and to be the superuser for our new database. So I've been kept busy with those things as well.

I haven't been running because I injured my right foot. It became really swollen at the beginning of February and it was very painful. I could hardly walk at all! See how swollen it is? It looks like a Shrek foot.


I had to choose a PCP to go to so after I picked one, I couldn't get a new patient appointment until March 5th! By the time the appointment rolled around, my foot had been hurting for an entire month. I got checked out and my doctor wanted me to get an x-ray. She ruled out a variety of issues just by looking and feeling it so she assumed it was something internal. I got an x-ray and waited over a week for the results! That was aggravating. The radiology department called me back and said I have a bone spur in my heel, but found NOTHING to be wrong with the toe joint area. That made me even more mad because I knew something was wrong. My PCP wanted me to see a podiatrist so they set up the referral. My appointment was set for April 7th. So two months after the initial pain started. I went to the doctor and he was surprised that my x-ray report said nothing was wrong. He decided to do another x-ray in office. Within 4 minutes, he told me that my medial sesamoid bone was broken. 

The sesamoid bones in your toe are responsible for absorbing the pressure on your feet from walking, standing, etc. When these bones are injured, walking/standing/running, etc. are all very painful. Sesamoid injuries are common in athletes such as runners, dancers, and soccer players. The sesamoid bones also stabilize the big toe joint. Needless to say, an injury here is very painful. The doctor told me to wear tennis shoes every day, all day for 2 weeks and then come in for a follow up appointment. I went back in and I felt like nothing had changed. He decided to put me in a walking shoe for a month and then go back for a follow up on May 29th. I feel like it has drastically improved. I still can't pull the toe upward without pain, but I feel less pain when walking. I am hoping to get back to the gym very soon!


Brynlee is growing like a little weed. She went through a few months of being really whiny and had a bad attitude, but she seems to be over that. We've really been working on manners (and she's potty trained, too!) and she has just been so sweet. Here's a few recent pictures of her:
January 2014
February 2014
Brynlee & her friend Savannah March 2014
Mommy and BB April 2014
Brynlee Easter 2014

Her hair is SO long. She has started telling me how she wants her hair done. "Mommy TWO braids!", "Mommy put my pony tail over HERE!" She's so funny, sweet, and smart! She loves to sing and dance. I want to put her in dance classes after she turns 3. Speaking of 3, I can't believe she will be 3 at the end of July! I am not sure what to do for her birthday this year. I was thinking it'd be fun to go to one of the bounce house/gigantic slide places around here, but when she got in the bounce house at KidsFest last weekend, she did NOT like being in there. I think she was scared of all of the other kids jumping around her. :/

This girl LOVES fruit. She wants a banana every morning and would eat an entire container of strawberries, mixed berries, mango, grapes, etc. if I would let her. She also loves to sneak into the fridge and snatch the container of grape tomatoes. She is definitely her Mother's child! She also learned how to say her full name. When I ask her what her last name is, she says her first and middle name. So I ask her what her "other" last name is and she says, "Metrosian". It's so cute!

We got a new puppy. His name is Judd. I don't really have a good picture of his face because he wouldn't sit still. I tried to post the picture I do have of him, but they won't upload for some stupid reason. After Roscoe died, I really didn't want to ever get another dog. We still have Roxie and I know she's lonely. My sister rescued a little pup and my husband decided to take him in. This dog is DESTRUCTIVE! I know he's a puppy, but dang! He chewed up all of the cushions on our patio chairs. :( The entire yard looked like it snowed stuffing. I should have taken a picture of that!

For Mother's Day, I decided to get my siblings together and surprise our Mom with professional family pictures. It was quite the task to trick her into dressing "springy" and showing up on time for the pictures, lol! My step-dad tricked her and told her they were going to a brunch with his work. He told her the theme was "spring" so that she would wear bright colors. He even told her the original outfit she picked out wasn't "springy" enough! She was mad about that, but the outfit she picked out was beautiful. When she showed up at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens and saw all of us waiting for her, she was pretty shocked. We told her that we were getting professional pictures taken! She was very excited. I should be getting the pictures soon so be on the lookout. :)

Anyway, that's what's been going on with The Petrosians! :)

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment