I am such a slacker at updating my blog since the only people who read this thing are my Facebook friends/Mommy friends anyway. After we couldn't find out the baby's gender at my anatomy scan on 8/5, I decided to schedule an elective scan. Both Joey and I just really wanted to know. There's a place north of us that wasn't very expensive and could get us in on Thursday, 8/7 at 6pm. The good news is that we could also take Brynlee! I wanted her to get to see the baby, too. She knows the baby is in Mommy's belly, but of course she doesn't understand time or that the baby is still cooking in there. I thought it'd be fun to let her see the little thing. The ultrasound guy had to dig deep and low into my pelvis to see the baby. Then, of course, the baby had the legs crossed. Luckily, he just kept digging and had me jiggle (embarrassing) my belly around to see if the baby would open up. Finally! We could see gender!
![]() |
| Little sister due January 5, 2015 |
I am glad that we get to reuse everything from Brynlee except these two ladies will be born in opposite seasons. We are also going to get a different bedroom set for the baby's room. I found this super cute ladybug set at Target that I think is adorable. Joey said he likes it, too. Hopefully it won't be sold out or out of stock by the time we order it though. That always happens to me, haha. I am also excited to paint Brynlee's room. I've been getting different Minnie Mouse room decor to put up in her room. My sister got her a custom Minnie clock, growth chart, and name decor for her room. I bought her this cute little Minnie Mouse thing that says her name, birth date, and weight/length at birth. It's super cute. I also got her two cute little Minnie light switch covers for her room. I have some other ideas as well, but haven't bought it all yet.
Now if we could only choose a name. Joey likes my top name, but said he wants to keep looking, but doesn't look...so that's annoying. When he briefly browsed for names the other night, he only mentioned stupid names and was joking about it. Not cool. The middle name we chose is causing "conflict" with someone else in the family and it really makes me mad so I doubt we will end up using the name even though we have wanted to use it for a long time. It's ridiculous, but I'll just leave it at that. So now it feels like we're back to square one with deciding a first and middle name.
I have an appointment next Monday with my regular OB. It's just a routine check up. I see the MFM (high risk OB) again on September 5th. Moving right along!


Just thought I'd let you know I'm still reading since you said you only have fb and mommy friends that read. :-) I just never comment because I'm so far behind all the time.
ReplyDeleteOh and congrats on the little girl! I really want a girl but with having 2 boys already I'm sure if I got pregnant it'd be another boy.
ReplyDeleteHey Cathy! Sorry, I just saw your comments. :) I kind of feel like we're not done and maybe one day will have a third, but then I have the fear that we will have another girl...lol!
Delete