Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.

Brynlee started dance in February 2015 when she was 3 1/2 years old. I honestly thought she'd just take ballet and tap recreationally. Her first class was a combo ballet/tap class with tumbling right after. I was super nervous about her first recital because I had no idea how she would do on stage. This kid did GREAT. She was completely adorable up there. During their Dino Stomp dance, they had to "RAWR" at the crowd. This girl rawred so loud and then burst out laughing! It was funny. Some pictures from her first year.




I was very happy that she wanted to stay in dance for another season. For her second year, she stayed in ballet/tap and added jazz. This girl loves jazz (most of the girls do). But on any given day, her favorite dance will change. One day she just loves ballet, the next it's tap, and the next is jazz. I am glad that she enjoys them all. Here are some pictures from her 2nd year.




After she completed the 2015-2016 dance season, one of the studio directors/teachers asked me to put her in the summer intensive program which she LOVED. She was able to be exposed to other styles of dance and be around more of the older dancers. She was excited about this and really enjoyed it. It also helped her grow as a dancer and continue building her confidence. At the end of summer intensives, she tried out for competition dance. I really had no plans for her to try out any time soon, if at all. But her main teacher/studio director really encouraged me to let her try out. She really is talented and and enjoys it so why not? I figured that we would give it a go and if she doesn't like it or loses interest then we will reconsider going back to recreational dance or no dance at all. So far, that hasn't happened. Her interest just grows.

Here she is for her Christmas 2016 recital. Her group was in a ballet dance. She looks beautiful.

    



Her competition group has Big/Little Sisters. She LOVES her Big Sister and really looks up to her. She is basically mesmerized around her. She gets all lovey dovey and wants to watch her dance. For Christmas, they had a Company Christmas party and exchanged gifts with their sisters. Here she is with her beautiful and talented Big Sister. Her big sis's Mom is also super cool and helpful so there's that. ;)


So far, competition is going great. We are deep in the season with her first competition this coming weekend and her second next weekend. She is only in jazz for competition (oh and this dance is so cute). She is still in ballet/tap as well as these are important, foundation classes. She also has two classes for stretch/technique/tumble. She loves these classes because they are with a lot of the bigger girls. I have seen her confidence soar since joining company and these extra classes. She can be reserved/nervous/shy and I just see that disappear. Her company group for her dance has 4 girls. They are adorable in their company gear.

    




Isn't she cute? Funny...that's the song they are dancing to for their jazz dance. I cannot wait to see them on stage. She has a passion for dance and takes it seriously. She practices, she works on her stretches, and she has fun. She used to get upset/frustrated if she didn't get a new dance move right away. She can be a bit Type A and hard on herself. She is learning to let some of that control go. She also has so many sweet dance friends. She has grown so much! I can't wait to see where this journey takes her and what her next dance style interest will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment