Monday, March 20, 2017

Recess. Lunch. Learn.


She no longer wants to be a mermaid. Now she wants to be a good ninja.

First Day of Kinder


First Day of Kinder
Brynlee is almost done with kindergarten(!). The year has gone by fast. She LOVES going to school. She hasn't complained about it at all. It would be great if that love would continue throughout her school years. She loves her teacher and has made lots of friends. She always has good things to say about what she did during the day. We have had two teacher conferences for the fall conference and the spring conference. At her most recent conference, we were told that Brynlee scored the 3rd highest on her middle of year math assessment and knew things that have not been been taught yet. The teacher said she is already ahead of where they need to be at the end of the year. She's doing very well with her reading as well. I have also noticed changes in her maturity and character. At the beginning of the year, she was more of an "alpha" personality. Her teacher said that this is the year of the alphas in her class so they had to get that leveled out. Brynlee is a leader and we all know that leaders can sometimes be bossy and have a "my way or no way" type of attitude. That has leveled out SO much. I am proud of her. She looks so cute in her school uniforms. I thought I would hate uniforms, but they are so easy. She can wear one of 5 colored tops with 3 different colored bottoms, but there's so many styles to choose from between skorts, shorts, pants, capris, jumpers, etc. She goes to the after school program and sometimes complains when I pick her up "early". They have so many cool activities and she loves the outdoor time.
Picture Day



Kindergarten School Picture
They also have college Thursday so they are able to wear college t-shirts. The cafeteria is full of college and university flags as well. I love that they start talking about college so young. I don't remember that happening when I was in school. Since I went to Texas Tech, but work for Tarleton State, she gets to alternate her college shirts. :)
Future Red Raider and her little sister.
They are TOO cute in their college gear.
So far, we love Brynlee's school. I have zero complaints...well other than the fact that it seems like there's a new fundraiser/giving money to the school every month. They did have this fun family event for Halloween. They had a dance, costume contest, etc. Brynlee insisted on wearing her high heels that matched her costume, ended up hurt, and we left early. But the Little Mermaid and Sebastian had fun before that happened.

Halloween 2016 
I am glad that she loves school! She is growing up so fast. A lady at the grocery store was talking to Brynlee about school and asked her what she does there. Brynlee said, "Recess, Lunch, Learn". Priorities. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment