Thursday, February 24, 2011

Onion Juice?

I am 17 weeks as of yesterday. I can't believe I am almost half way done with this pregnancy already. It just seems crazy to me. This week the baby is an "Onion". For a lemon, I drank some lemon juice (yummy). For an orange, I had orange juice. I don't really feel like eating an onion...
I had my 17 week/4 month appointment today. Everything is good. I am up 1 lb from my 13 week appointment, but still down 4 lbs from my 9 week appointment. Since I have a little extra "fluff" to me then I don't need to gain a ton of weight anyway. I am glad that I am holding steady, but I am definitely wearing maternity shirts now! I don't see a baby bump just yet, but my intestines are being rearranged and pushed up. (Gross. I just pictured a horror movie.) I have had killer headaches and so I told my doctor. He wrote me a prescription that I am going to fill tomorrow. I am not going to use them ALL the time, but Tylenol just ain't cuttin' it right now. So anyway, the baby's heart rate was 153. Healthy little boy/girl. We find out on March 7th what we are having. =) It can't come soon enough! I can't believe we will know in a little over a week what we are having! I am so excited.
We also set our wedding date. =) We will be getting married on Saturday, March 19th.
 It's just a small shindig so don't feel left out if you don't get an invite. We are only inviting Joey's parents/step parents, grandparents, and brother as well as my brother and sister-in-law, and my sister and her fiance. My mom and youngest sister can't be there. 
I am not going to lie: it makes me a little sad to be getting married and knowing that I will not have my mom OR my dad there. I have never been one to picture my dream wedding, I don't really give a hoot about flowers or colors or bridesmaids, and I don't like the hassle of planning an extravagant event. But I always thought that my Dad would walk me down the aisle and my mom would cry when he "gave me away". I know our wedding will be a quick, no hassle ceremony, but I can't help but tear up when I think about looking into the "crowd" and only seeing Joey's parents there. I know they will have smiles on their faces and welcome me (and our soon to be baby) to their family because they have already welcomed me with open arms and are really the best in-laws a girl could have. I am very happy about all of the wonderful changes going on in mine and Joey's life, but it's a bitter sweet type of happiness for me. I have had a hard time not having Mom here to go through "pregnancy things" with me. I wish we could shop together and I could share my excitement and fears with her. Instead, the last time she saw me I was a little over 8 weeks/2 months pregnant and didn't have anything to show for it. The next time she sees me (probably at my baby shower), I will be a little over 28 weeks/7 months pregnant. I know that our baby will be lucky enough to have 2 grandpas and 2 great-grandpas, but none of those are my Dad. A while back, I was looking at baby outfits at Kohl's. I saw a onesie similar to this and cried:
It actually said, "Grandpa is the coolest", but I couldn't find the onesie anywhere online. Either way, the point is this: I miss my dad and wish he was here.


No comments:

Post a Comment