To start things off, we found out on November 23, 2010 that we are expecting our first baby. I am 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow! I can't believe that I found out 10 weeks ago that I'm pregnant. Here is his/her first picture at 9 weeks, it's not the greatest since it's from my cell phone:
My first appointment was great. We got to see the little pea on the ultrasound, hear the heart beat (181) and a bunch of other stuff. The baby is due August 3, 2011, but I am hoping, praying, and wishing that he/she will come sometime after July 18th. I am having "issues" with how much maternity leave I will be allowed to have. The 2010 school year ends July 18th (for me) and 2011 starts back August 8th (well we know I won't be there for that). So I am hoping that if the baby comes a week or two early, then I will have more time at home without it effecting my pay or lack thereof. I am definitely not looking forward to having a summer baby (or being huge and fat in the summer in Texas). I had my second appointment at 13 weeks. It was a routine appointment. I met with the doctor for just a few minutes. I heard the baby's heart beat (150) on the doppler (and after I heard the "whoosh whoosh" sound I thought, "Okay...I am really pregnant" as if all of this sickness wasn't proof enough). My next appointment is at 17 weeks to decide on the genetic testing, etc (I am declining) and then we will schedule my gender ultrasound with radiology for sometime during the 18th week.
WE CANNOT WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!
WE CANNOT WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!
Any guesses? Boy or Girl?
I know we did things ass backward, but we got engaged on January 28, 2010. We didn't really have the traditional type engagement, but I'm happy nonetheless. The ring is just lovely and I can't stop looking at it:
We're planning to just have a quick ceremony, just the two of us, and are planning to have a celebration for our one year wedding anniversary. That way, I am not 5-6 months pregnant and will be able to have my mom and sister there. (Mom moved to North Dakota in August and sister moved to California in October). I have never been the "wedding" kind of girl. I HATE wedding shows. I cannot stand Bridezillas and would love to punch each of them in the face. I would love to have wedding photos taken so I can cherish them for as long as this marriage lasts (haha).

No comments:
Post a Comment