Friday, April 26, 2013

Attack of the baby fever!

I had a dream. And it sucked.

Let me back up and say that this little girl has subconsciously given me baby fever.

Baby Laynea, 4.26.13
That is my niece, Laynea. I wrote about her here. She is almost a month old and I wish I could just hold and love on her. I want Brynlee to hold her. She is obsessed with babies. Hopefully she won't treat Laynea the way she treats her baby dolls though. She does like to put diapers on them, feed them, kiss them, and sleep with them. But she also likes to strip them naked, drop them when she is finished with them, and color on their faces with mascara.

Back on track here. Joey and I have pretty much decided that we plan to start trying for another disaster child shortly after Brynlee turns two. I keep telling myself that I'll be "ready" by then. She turns 2 in July. That's only 3 months away. Um, I think my dream is trying to tell me that we're not really ready.

In this dream, my house was a disaster. It wouldn't make it on Hoarders or anything like that, but it was filthy. Clothes hanging from the ceiling fan, dishes piled up, dirty floor, washer and dryer full of clothes, messy bathroom, the whole damn 9. I was breastfeeding this new baby and seriously chasing Brynlee through the yard because she got out the front door. I looked gross (and I am sure I smelled gross) and frazzled. Oh and I was fatter than I am now! As my friend Katie would say, I looked frumpy.


That may not sound that scary to you, but it does to me. I keep going back and forth between thinking 3-6 months is not far away and thinking it's plenty of time. I try to remind myself that even if we start trying in August, it could take longer to get pregnant. But you see, that's what I was sorta counting on when I first got off birth control so we could try to get pregnant the first time annnnd let's just say, "It only takes one time..."! Brynlee is a super good kid, but she is a typical toddler. She is wild, rambunctious, and in to everything. I know she is exploring, learning, and testing her boundaries. She is mischievious, but so cute. She is smart, funny, and adorable. But am I ready for another? I get tired of people saying, "You'll never really be ready...", but I'd like to at least feel like adding another baby to our family is right for us. I guess we'll play it by ear and see how we feel come August.

I will leave you with some cute pictures of Brynlee. <3
My little Red Raider


She wanted me to wear this mask...
 
Then cried when I put it on.
 
She loves pretending to shave her arms and legs.
 
Hanging out in the cat's window seat.
 
Putting on my (clean) underwear.
 
I guess she wanted them on her head instead.
 
I DON'T WANT PANTIES ON MY HEEEEEEAD!!!
We're having dinner with our friends, Tyler and Chrissy, tonight so I've got to get ready. I hope I have something clean to wear...
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment