I found that picture to be funny. I am sure my husband knows that I don't sit on the couch smoking a cigarette, LOL, but I am sure he thinks I play Sorority Life and Candy Crush Saga all day long. I also don't consider myself to be Super Mom by any means.
I finally got the call I have been waiting for from the job that I really, really want. Unfortunately, it was bad news. The managers narrowed the candidates down from six to two, me being one of the two. The Area Director called me today and said that it was "very close" and that it came down to the Regional Director's decision and she went with the other candidate. She said that they will be hiring another one in a couple of months and that she will definitely be calling me first. Of course, I hope I am employed by then (well, I BETTER BE). She was very sincere and apologetic. From the conversations we had, I had the vibe that she really wanted me to get the job. I was very thankful and polite. I have to be honest and say that I am incredibly bummed. I've applied for 40+ jobs since February and had 4 interviews. Two of the jobs I did not want at all once I had the interview, one job I would have liked to have and was supposed to have a second interview but was never contacted by the manager (yes, I called her too), and the last job I just really, really wanted. It was the perfect fit for me and my career goals. So I am incredibly disappointed. I was really hoping for some good news especially after what we've gone through this week with Roscoe suddenly passing away. I know that there are people in this world who have it way worse than me. But honestly, that is not an effective pain killer for me. If anything, it makes me feel worse and guilty for being a disappointed Negative Nancy.
I am not sure if I am happy to hear that I was one of the two final candidates and that it was such a hard decision or upset to hear that the other person beat me! Some of you know that I can be sorta kinda super competitive. I don't have to be the best 100% of the time, but I do like to set competitive goals. For example, when we did long distance runs in high school, I used to always follow directly behind this girl named Courtney because I knew she always made her runs in a decent time. So I would follow behind her for the entire run just listening to and paying attention to her foot steps and then I would sprint by her super fast at the end to beat whatever her time was. LOL. I know that sounds so childish and I only really did it to keep myself from slowing down...and to beat her, of course. It wasn't a race or anything. It was just for us to get our endurance up during off season from softball, but it was a competition in my head. Since she was technically a better long distance runner than me, but I was a better sprinter than her, I still won in the end. LOL
Anyway, if you're a praying person, please send some prayers up that I get a (good) job ASAP. I applied for 4 more jobs today. I search every day, but it seems like I am not qualified (bilingual or Masters degree) for a lot of the ones that have been posted lately. I've applied for a lot of jobs that I haven't even received a response to. I just don't know what I am doing wrong! *Sigh*





No comments:
Post a Comment