Thursday, April 4, 2013

Get your butt movin'!

Brynlee and I started our morning afternoon with a nice walk. She loves riding in the jogging stroller. She did insist on bringing her baby with her, but then got mad because her baby was taking up room in the seat, lol. She loves wearing my Bondi Bands. Every time I put one on, she wants to wear one.

I haven't worked out in over a month. I have got to get back into the swing of things so that I start to feel better about myself, more energized, and healthy. I have already gained a few pounds just moving down here. Okay, it's obviously not from moving here. It's from eating too much, unhealthy food and not exercising. I don't complain about not losing weight (or even gaining) because I know that I am not doing what needs to be done. I cannot stand when people constantly BWM (bitch, whine, and moan) about not losing weight when they are doing everything NOT to lose weight: eating poorly, not exercising, just being lazy. 

I think I got into a little bit of a funk because I am sort of a SAHM (stay at home Mom) right now. It's not by choice. I definitely want (and need) to be working. I've applied for many jobs, had a few interviews, and am still in limbo. I honestly didn't think it would take me long to find a job and it's completely opposite. I mentioned in a previous post that I am waiting for a second interview with a non-profit organization that I really, really want to work for. I have wanted to get into the Foster Care/Adoption field for a while now. I know that I would be awesome at the job and really benefit the organization. The Area Director said that she is waiting on the Regional Director's schedule to open up before she can schedule 2nd interviews, but that she definitely wants a second interview with me. I am trying so hard to be patient. I just feel that with each passing day without a phone call that I am getting further away from getting this job. I have still been applying for other positions, but there hasn't been much posted lately.

So staying at "home" (brother and sister-in-law's house), no job, and limited adult interaction all day has put me in a funk. I figure that 3 weeks of sitting around is long enough so I woke up today at 7am 10am and planned to get some exercise. Thankfully, it stopped raining, but it sure is chilly outside. I am glad I brought a blanket for Brynlee (don't worry, she was plenty layered) because we walked into the wind a few times and she was smart enough to put the blanket in front of her face. Oh by the way, I love my Xersion Running Leggings that I got on clearance at JCPenney. I wasn't sure if I would like them, but I love them. They are snug without making me feel like a stuffed sausage!

Being that I have to take 5 pictures of Brynlee before I get a non-face making picture, I figured I'd share a silly one with you. She LOVES to make this face...

I have had my Garmin Forerunner for over a year and haven't had to charge it since the first day I got it. Today, it tells me that it has a low battery. Unfortunately, the USB cord is in our storage unit! I know that it is in my computer desk drawer, but am not sure if I can even get to the computer desk. That makes me sad! :( The storage unit is seriously packed. I think I am about to head over there and see if I can get to it. I have a PolarFt, but I like that the Garmin tells me my distance, time, calories burned, and pace (not that I really pay attention to the pace though). The PolarFt just tells me how many calories I've burned. So that doesn't really help me when I set a distance or time goal for my walks/runs. Sigh.
 
Have you exercised today?
 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment