I was in Austin last week for a work conference. I learned a lot of valuable information, but the conference definitely has lots of room for improvement. I sure did fill out quite the evaluation, too! Hopefully they will actually adjust the conference based on the evaluations because I know a lot of other people felt the same way I did about the conference. Anyway, I was away from Brynlee for 4 days and 3 nights. I had a pretty rough time with it. She has spent the night with people (as in ONE night at a time) before, but I had never been that far away from her for that long. (Austin is a good 5.5 hours away.) She was with Joey, but still. He's not the same as MAMA!
As far as Joey: He found out on June 28th that he will have the colostomy bag for at least another 6 weeks. Argh. He's already had it for 6 weeks so I know he was very disappointed to find out that he would have it for so much longer. His surgeon's reason is that since Joey is finally feeling good (or okay) then the doc wants him to "feel good" for a bit longer before they do surgery #2 and he feels crappy again and has to recover. So I can understand his logic, but it sure does suck. We can't really do much. No swimming (for him), no baseball games, camping, Six Flags, water parks, or any of our other summer activities since he has to worry about how and where he will clean and change the colostomy bag. He also has to have another colonoscopy with his GI doctor before the surgeon will do surgery #2. So he sees his doctor at the end of the month and then sees the surgeon on August 7th.
As far as me, my working out sucks. My eating sucks. My mood sucks. I went to the dentist about my TMJD and now I have to get a mouth guard (for night). If that doesn't help then I'll have to get fitted for a day splint. So I hope the night mouth guard helps. I've also been going to a chiropractor. Hopefully that will help.
I've also been planning Brynlee's birthday party! I cannot believe she will be 1 year old in 3 weeks. *sniff sniff* She's such a big girl now! She has been walking for a couple of months, she's almost completely off formula, she waves and claps, she plays games, oh man the list goes on and on! I scheduled her 1 year pictures for July 15th and I cannot wait. I ordered her some super cute outfits and a SUPER cute diaper cover for her smash cake photos. I just hope she cooperates, lol. I usually have to take like 15 pictures in order to get a few cute ones of her, lol.
Here's some recent pictures for you :)
| Here she is modeling her new outfit. |
| This is her newest facial expression, lol. It cracks me up! |
| Here she is in the "Air Force Princess" outfit Grandpa got her. He's retired Air Force. |
| 4th of July outfit :) Cutie Patootie! :) Here she is today with her crazy pigtails. |

Your daughter is so adorabe!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I just realized that it has been so long since I posted! I need to get it together, lol!
ReplyDelete