Quick update on Joey:
He saw the GI doctor yesterday afternoon. Joey told him about the issues he's been having with his bladder since he had his 1st surgery. The GI doctor thinks that when Joey's colon was inflamed and infected that he thinks his colon and bladder had fused together. Now that part of his colon has been removed, there's probably a hole inbetween them causing the air bubbles and issues with his bladder. So he goes back next Tuesday for a colonoscopy and he's going to have a Urologist come in and do a scope of his bladder, too. He's currently scheduled to see the surgeon again on August 7th. Then we'll see if they okay him for surgery or not. We're hoping he does get the okay. By the time he sees the surgeon, he will have had the colostomy bag for almost 12 weeks. :/ At his 6 week checkup, the surgeon wanted him to have it for another 6 weeks. Hopefully 12 weeks will be his max, but I am not looking forward to him being in the hospital again (will be our 4th hospital stay since the end of March) or being in pain again. By that time, I will be back to work as well.
Brynlee lost my keys on Monday. Since I haven't left the house, I didn't know they were gone until today. My sister came over so we could go run errands and we searched for almost 2 hours. I called a locksmith and had them unlock my car. Then I got out the carseat, transfered it to sister's car, and then we ran our errands. I got home and was really stressing about finding my keys. I had gone through her toy box many times, searched under everything, in everything, behind everything, and even went through the trash *gag*. Finally, I decided to try and retrace Brynlee's steps. Let me tell you, that is hard when she is (almost) 1! That girl led me on a wild goose chase.
I swear if her feet were dipped in chocolate (or even poop) then my house would be even more of a disaster. By the way, we do have a toddler sized ravioli handprint on the edge of our couch. I wonder where that came from?! So I found the keys. I remembered that Brynlee was trying to climb on the treadmill while I was sorting out a clothes donation for the kids at school. I remember raising my voice at her because she had my keys. I found the keys underneath the treadmill. I had searched near there many times, but didn't look between the cracks.
I hate the saying, "It's always in the last place you look". If I found it, why would I keep looking?



No comments:
Post a Comment