Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sneak Peek 1 Year Photo Shoot!

My little Brynlee will be 1 year old on Friday! Her birthday party is on Saturday. We're having a pool party/BBQ at my Father-in-Law's house. He has a pool and his house is close to our's so we decided to have it there. One of the teachers at school who is an awesome baker is going to make Brynlee's cake and cupcakes for me. She is making a ladybug smash cake to match the pink and purple ladybug theme. Then we're just having cupcakes for everyone else. We're expecting about 50 people (that is including all of the kids and babies) to be there. Eek! I have never had a party like that before. I am ecstatic to have it at my FIL's house instead of my own! I can't wait to see both sides of our family.

We did her one year photo shoot on Sunday morning. It was SUPER hot outside. The high for the day was approximarely 103 degrees! We did her pictures at 9:30 in the morning and the temperature was about 88-90 degrees. It was really toasty out there. I was surprised that Brynlee held up so well through 3 outfits and then her smash cake pictures! The photographer, K. Rathbun Photography, was awesome. She traveled over an hour to get to us (she was recommended by some mutual friends). She brought her son to help make Brynlee laugh. He did such a great job. She has wonderful ideas and cute props. She wasn't sure what props to bring since she was going to be taking pictures at a location that she had never been before.

She posted a few sneak peak pictures on Facebook while she edits the pictures for the CD. I figured I should show them with you loyal followers. =) I think they turned out great and I am incredibly excited to see the entire CD!

Here she is in her hot air balloon and 1st outfit.

Here is Brynlee hugging her "Brynlee Doll".

The beginning of her smash cake pictures!

I am so in love with the pictures so far. I absolutely loved her hot air balloon idea with the basket. There's more pictures of her in and out of the basket as well as close up pictures so I cannot wait to see them all. I am in love with the picture of her hugging her Brynlee doll. The thing that amazes me is that it wasn't one of the planned shoot ideas. I had changed her outfit and she was just sitting on that rock while we waited for my husband and the photographer's son to bring more props from the car. I handed her the doll to keep her occupied and the photographer just started snapping pictures. My heart melted when I first saw that one. <3

We took a few pictures of her in her Texas Tech tutu, but she wasn't happy about more picture taking at that point so I am not sure if the photographer got any good pictures or not. By the time we moved on to the smash cake pictures, it was HOT HOT HOT! You can see that her cheeks are a bit rosy! I was very worried about her getting sunburned out there in that Texas heat. :/ I put a little sunscreen on her in the morning after her bath. She didn't get sunburned so maybe it helped!

At first, I don't think she really knew what to do with the cake! She kinda put her right hand in it, looked at me for half of a second, and then ate it. It was a cute cake, too and only $7.98 at Wal-Mart! Her little bloomers are adorable. I ordered the bloomers from Ashlyn Grace Design on Etsy. They are SO cute. I asked the photographer to take pictures of the bloomers. She took a lot of pictures and then said, "Okay, I think I took a lot of pictures of her butt." LOL So hopefully I'll have a picture or two to share of the back of the bloomers!

I will definitely use this photographer again and I will share more pictures when I receive the CD!

I'll log on tomorrow and update you guys on other areas of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. omg manda! these ar so gorgeous!!!

    i also want to tell u we wont be able to make it to her BDAY. we wanted to come so bad but, we had already gotten tickets to go to the Ranger Game with Rusty's parnets..please forgive us!! i really and truly wanted to be there for her and u and hubby... i love u tho with all my heart

    ReplyDelete