Today is Brynlee's 1st birthday! (Like you didn't know that already, lol) I want to write her a little letter that she can read someday. I did write her a card from Mommy and Daddy. I sealed it and put it in her Keepsake Box. I look forward to her reading all of her birthday cards someday. =)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear My Sweet Brynlee Marie,
The last 12 months have been wonderful with you in my life. You have really changed my life in so many ways. Now I really know what it's like to truly love someone more than anyone else in the world. You have taught me how to be selfless. You've taught me what it's like to put someone else's needs ahead of mine 24/7. You've taught me what it's like to have someone NEED me. I have greatly enjoyed watching you grow. You've always been so happy, so friendly, so sweet, and smart. I love watching you learn and try new things every day.
Right now, you have 3 teeth and you almost have your 4th. You are such a copy cat! When we say "Hello?", you put your hand to your ear and tilt your head. You say, "Ello?" You're always playing with my phone and the remote control. When I ask where your belly button is, you lift up your shirt and point at your belly button and say, "There!" You point at cups and say, "Dink?" When I put my finger to my lips and say, "SHH!", you put your finger to your lips (and up your nose) and say, "SSSSSSSSS!" It's so cute! When I squint, you squint. When I stick out my tongue, so do you! When I clean the table, you grab something and clean the table, too. You like to point Rita Pita Pants and say, "Key Key!" You're not scared of Roscoe or Roxie and they love licking your cheeks and then you just giggle!
You're a GREAT eater and your love your milk! It was easy to transition you from breast milk to formula to whole milk. You learned to drink from a straw by copying me ONE time! You've been full blown walking since 9 months and 1 week. You took your first steps the day before you turned 9 months. It did not take you long to learn how to crawl and then walk. Now you are RUNNING! You are hard to keep up with! You love to play in the water whether it's in the bath tub or swimming at Nona's or Grandpa's. You just splash, splash, splash.
I've enjoyed my 3 weeks vacation so much because I get to hang out with you every day. Sure, sometimes you get on my nerves when you're in a bad mood, but I'm sure I get on your nerves, too. All I can say is that I have so much joy with you in my life. You're the most important person in my life and I love you so much.
Happy 1st birthday beautiful!
Love,
Mommy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a great family birthday for Brynlee. First, Brynlee and I spent the whole day together. We spent the morning cuddling in bed and just chatting (or blabbering). I made her breakfast and we played together. We (Joey, Brynlee, and me) went to Applebee's for dinner. Brynlee wore her HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! t-shirt. I was secretly hoping we would get a free dessert, but we didn't! Boo! We had dessert anyway, LOL. Here she is before dinner...
Tomorrow is her birthday party! I am so excited to see our friends and family.



No comments:
Post a Comment