Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

I am just now updating because Saturday was such a busy day! My family got here in the morning and we spent the day buying groceries for the party, having lunch, and then setting up for the party. After the party, we invited my mom and David, Kyle and Paige, and Ashley and Mark over to play board games and hang out. We drank rum (and Scotch for the guys) and played Bezzerwizzer and The Big Bang Theory Trivia. Both were really hard games, lol. I guess I suck at trivia! I've watched every episode of Big Bang Theory many, many times and I still didn't know some of the answers. We stayed up really late talking and hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law.

The birthday party was a hit. We had lots of friends and family show up. The kids (and a few adults) all enjoyed swimming, we had hot dogs, and then cupcakes. Brynlee's smash cake was SO cute (pictures to come). I didn't take pictures because I thought my brother and sister-in-law were taking pictures with their nice camera, but I think they didn't have the memory card or the battery or something. I can't really remember what happened. We do have pictures, but they are from various phones and ipads, lol. I will get those from everyone soon.

We had a lot of food left over because lots of people who said they were coming did not show up. We also had friends who came up with last minute excuses as to why they wouldn't be there. One of my biggest pet peeves is for people to make a committment and bail with no explanation. I make it a point to go to things for my friends and it seems that I never get the same treatment. We've had multiple occasions where we have invited people to do things (such as a big BBQ at our house where we spent over $100 on the food, drinks, etc) and only 1 of the couples showed up. We had a good time with them anyway, but it was supposed to be a total of 10 people. Every couple said they were coming and then bailed with no explanation. It makes me so ticked off. /endrant

The people that really care about Brynlee made it a point to be there and that is really all that matters. She had a great time. She did not dig ino her smash cake like we thought she would though. She just barely dipped her fingers in it. It was as if she thought the cake was too pretty to mess up!

I think her party was a success. I promise to get the pictures soon. Here's a picture of Brynlee and her Daddy from the party.


Her 1st birthday pictures should be coming in the mail this week. I can't wait to see and post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment