I was unpleasantly surprised to have to do the one hour glucose test yesterday. It did make my stomach hurt. I asked if I would have to take the three hour test if I fail the one hour and was told that it depends on how badly I fail the one hour. With Brynlee, I barely failed the one hour test and I failed two out of four blood draws for the three hour test. So obviously I am not hoping that I completely bomb it because that's bad, but I also don't want to take the three hour! The doctor did say that if I pass the one hour, he still wants me to take it again around 24 weeks. So maybe I'll pass it and I can skip finger pricking for a while. I should find out the results this afternoon.
I am not sure if people are starting to think I may be pregnant or what, but two people at my job asked me how many kids I have. I think that's a hint that they are asking if I am pregnant. I don't know. One of them does sit a few desk down from me and I am sure he has heard my co-workers and I talking about pregnancy, maternity leave, parenting choices, etc. But the lady who asked me doesn't sit anywhere near me. She doesn't even work in the same room as me. I know I don't look pregnant yet, just a fatty.
Besides not sleeping well, tossing and turning, and using the restroom 6-10 times a night (seriously), I am also plagued with pregnancy dreams and strangeness. Last night, I was awake for over an hour because I could not remember the name of a soda I like. I could remember what the box looks like. I could remember that I like the original, the peach, and the black cherry flavors. I could remember that Joey's brother also likes this drink. But I could not remember the name. When I can't remember a person's name, I go through the alphabet and say names that start with each letter and I almost always remember the person's name. So I tried that with soda names. It bothered me so much that I could not remember. I went back to sleep and woke up again with my brain full of soda names. I asked Joey this morning what the soda is called. I said, "It's a clear soda that we used to buy..." and he said, "Sprite? Sierra Mist? 7Up?" NO! Those are obvious ones, lol. Finally he said, "FRESCA?" YES! FRESCA! Got it.
I also had a dream that I was at a meeting and I was covered in sweat. I mean covered. Gross, but probably not far from the norm. What can I say? I'm a sweaty gal. I've also had bad dreams about Joey lately. Luckily, I know they are dreams so I don't wake up mad at him or anything. But it still sucks to have bad dreams about him.
Another thing that has sucked this time around is my headaches! They are so bad. I will have them for 24+ hours at a time. Then I feel like the headache goes away and then another one shows up. It sucks only being able to take Tylenol because that doesn't help my headaches at all. I am also wondering if I have had an increase in headaches the last week or so because I have not been drinking coffee in the morning. It was starting to upset my stomach. Either way, I see my regular OB on Monday so I am going to mention these horrible headaches.
I've also drastically increased my water intake. I need to make sure I am drinking at least 70 oz of water at work each day and then I have a bottle of water with dinner. I bought this 34 oz water jug over the weekend and I drink two of them while at work. Of course, I have to go to the bathroom constantly, but at least I am drinking lots of water.

I need to get a pregnancy journal for this little one. I really enjoyed keeping track of everything I was going through with Brynlee so I want to do the same for this pregnancy. I also scheduled my next visit with the high risk OB for six weeks from now. I'll be 18 weeks. So on August 5th, we should know gender! The first 12 weeks have gone by fast so I hope the next six do the same. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment