Monday, June 16, 2014

A new chapter for the Petrosians

The Petrosians are so beyond happy to announce...





Petrosian #2 due January 5, 2015. We are beyond excited to be adding a new chapter to our lives! I am 11 weeks pregnant with Petrosian #2. Brynlee has known since the day I found out. You see, Moms get NO privacy in the bathroom, ya'll. I was taking a test and Brynlee came in the bathroom. She was so confused that I was peeing "on my hand" (in a cup). I tried to tell her to go in the other room and she just stared at me. So after I dipped the test and it came up positive, I instantly hugged her and told her she was going to be a big sister! She has done pretty well at keeping "our little secret". She did spill the beans to my brother and sister-in-law before we planned for her to tell people, but I guess that's what we get for telling a 2 year old a secret. After I told her that it was Mommy, Daddy, and Brynlee's little secret, she kept the beans in the bag.

Brynlee can't decide what she wants to have (good thing she doesn't get to choose). First, she told me she wants a little sister so she can hug her and hold her hand. *Awwwww!* I told her that she can hug and hold a little brother's hand, too. Then she told me she wants a little brother. THEN she said she is having a little brother AND a little sister! THEN she said she is having two little sisters. Um, no. Luckily, we already confirmed that there is indeed just one in there. *whew* We will definitely find out the gender. We'll be able to do that sometime around the beginning of August. I'll be 18 weeks on August 4th so hopefully we'll have the anatomy scan closer to 18 than 20 weeks. I have to prepare! If this little one is a girl then we are set. We have so many gigantic bins of clothes in the attic. I'd have to check Brynlee's old car seat though to make sure it's not yet expired. If this one is a little boy *crosses fingers* then we'll have to do some heavy duty selling so we can buy boy clothes. I don't care about using Brynlee's girly pack n play, swing, etc. for a little boy, but Joey does want to sell the pink strollers and get something more boy friendly. :) Hopefully we'll find out and if it's a boy then I'll be able to price and tag everything to sell at the Just Between Friends fall/winter sale. Of course, I'd still have to go through everything again and sale more at the spring/summer sale.

Because I am plagued with Gestational Diabetes, I will probably have a December baby. It'd be nice to go into labor on my own, but most likely I'd end up being induced like I was with Brynlee. I can't believe that we may have a new baby by the end of this year. 2014 has flown by already so I can't imagine how fast the rest of the year will go.

I am happy that I am no longer keeping this huge secret and can finally openly talk about how excited The Petrosians are to grow our family!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's such awesome news! I hope you're having a happy and healthy pregnancy! Your daughter is so sweet. I don't think I could keep a secret like that for very long and I'm an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am having a happy and health pregnancy! I am surprised she kept the secret. Maybe she forgot about it, LOL!

      Delete