I know some people are "go go go" all the time, but I honestly enjoy weekends where we don't do much. We were SO busy for Memorial Day Weekend and I wanted to do nothing this weekend. I used to always have busy weekends and now I feel like it's okay to just relax at home. It gives me time to unwind from a long work week and to be honest, I like staying in my pjs. Ha!
Friday night, we must not have done anything because I can't remember what we did. Oh yeah, we went to dinner at Chili's and then went home. That's my kind of night. ;) Friday night, Joey "surprised" me and told me that he invited some of our friends over for a BBQ on Saturday. Of course, panic went through my head about needing to clean our house and mow the lawn. So Saturday we were cleaning and taking care of the yard. We went grocery shopping and then came home. I was going out to the shed in the backyard to get the outside broom to sweep the porch. Something happened and I tripped over our wonky steps and fell to the ground. My left ankle hurt so bad. By this point, it was about 3pm and our friends were coming over at 6. Joey had me go in and lay on the bed. He asked me probably 3 times if I thought we should go to the Care Now clinic to get it checked out and I kept saying that it was just a sprain and I'd be fine. But I couldn't walk on it.
Around 4pm, I finally said that I think we should go to the urgent clinic. Luckily, we didn't wait long. They did an x-ray and determined that it was indeed just a sprain. They gave me an ankle splint and crutches. Crutches suck. I have had many, many dates with crutches, but the last time was in 12th grade. I was hoping I was done with crutches for the rest of my life.
Friday night, we must not have done anything because I can't remember what we did. Oh yeah, we went to dinner at Chili's and then went home. That's my kind of night. ;) Friday night, Joey "surprised" me and told me that he invited some of our friends over for a BBQ on Saturday. Of course, panic went through my head about needing to clean our house and mow the lawn. So Saturday we were cleaning and taking care of the yard. We went grocery shopping and then came home. I was going out to the shed in the backyard to get the outside broom to sweep the porch. Something happened and I tripped over our wonky steps and fell to the ground. My left ankle hurt so bad. By this point, it was about 3pm and our friends were coming over at 6. Joey had me go in and lay on the bed. He asked me probably 3 times if I thought we should go to the Care Now clinic to get it checked out and I kept saying that it was just a sprain and I'd be fine. But I couldn't walk on it.
Around 4pm, I finally said that I think we should go to the urgent clinic. Luckily, we didn't wait long. They did an x-ray and determined that it was indeed just a sprain. They gave me an ankle splint and crutches. Crutches suck. I have had many, many dates with crutches, but the last time was in 12th grade. I was hoping I was done with crutches for the rest of my life.

Anytime I have a "boo boo", Brynlee has one, too. She kept saying her foot hurts, too. This morning, she told me that she couldn't brush her teeth because her knee hurts. I don't understand what her knee has to do with her teeth, but I had to threaten her to get her to brush her teeth! When I tried to do it, she had her lips clenched together so that I couldn't even get her mouth open. You know how I finally got her to brush them? I told her that we would have to go to the dentist and he would take all of her teeth out. I am pretty sure I scared her because she brushed her teeth.

How was your weekend?

omg your daughter is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love that meme, so true!
Thanks! She keeps me entertained, that's for sure!
Delete